» D.C.

Woodward To Student Journalists: Do Your Research, Then Go Out And Get The Story

youthjournalism.org An overflow crowd of student journalists and teachers filled a Washington, D.C. hotel ballroom to hear legendary journalist Bob Woodward deliver the keynote address at the National Scholastic Press Association. The students greeted Woodward with a standing ovation. By Mugdha Gurram Reporter Youth Journalism International WASHINGTON, D.C. – Young reporters need to get out and talk to people if they want a good story, legendary investigative reporter Bob Woodward told a crowd of student journalists. “The best source of information … Read entire article »

Filed under: Bob Woodward, D.C., journalism, Mugdha Gurram, Van Nguyen, Washington

Newseum Displays Unforgettable Images

Newseum Displays Unforgettable Images

Van Nguyen / youthjournalism.org The broadcast antenna of the World Trade Center’s North Tower, destroyed in the terrorist attack of Sept. 11, 2001. Behind the tower are newspaper front pages from that time. By Van Ngoc Nguyen Reporter Youth Journalism International WASHINGTON, D.C. – While attending the fall conference of National Scholastic Press Association, I had the precious opportunity to visit the Newseum. This museum of news is truly an ideal place for student reporters and photographers to get worthy information … Read entire article »

Filed under: 9/11, Boston Marathon bombing, D.C., journalism, Newseum, Van Nguyen, Vietnam, Washington

FBI Artifacts, The Berlin Wall, Unabomber Cabin And More – The Newseum Has It All

Mugdha Gurram / youthjournalism.org An open air balcony on the top floor of the Newseum offers a spectacular view of the U.S. Capitol. The flags of the Canadian embassy hang from the building next door. By Mugdha Gurram Reporter Youth Journalism International WASHINGTON, D.C. – With exhibits that included a piece of the Berlin Wall and others that focused on 9/11 and years of Pulitzer Prize-winning photos, it’s tough to make it through a fraction of the displays at the … Read entire article »

Filed under: Berlin Wall, D.C., journalism, Mugdha Gurram, Newseum, photography, Washington

Everyone Should Stand Up For Malala

Everyone Should Stand Up For Malala

By Mariah Pulver Senior Reporter Youth Journalism International “If she survives this time, she won’t next time,” a spokesman for the Pakistani Taliban said. “We will certainly kill her.”- CNN Washington, D.C., U.S.A. – I’m a big believer in the saying that actions speak louder than words. But when I read the news about the attack on Malala Yousafzai, I started to believe that maybe words speak louder than actions sometimes.  Malala is a hero, a fighter, and an unbelievably brave … Read entire article »

Filed under: D.C., education, Malala Yousafzai, Mariah Pulver, Pakistan, Taliban, Washington