» Alli Hall

In Minnesota, It’s Too Cool For School

In Minnesota, It’s Too Cool For School

Alli Hall / youthjournalism.org It’s Saturday evening in January in Duluth, Minn., U.S.A., and the temperature is a balmy -7 degrees Farenheit. This photo shows the aerial lift bridge in Duluth. Temperatures of -30, without considering the wind chill factor, are prompting all public and most private schools throughout the state to close on Monday because of the extreme weather.   … Read entire article »

Filed under: Alli Hall, Duluth, Minnesota, snow, U.S.A., weather

In Minnesota, It’s Too Cool For School

In Minnesota, It’s Too Cool For School

Alli Hall / youthjournalism.org It’s Saturday evening in January in Duluth, Minn., U.S.A., and the temperature is a balmy -7 degrees Farenheit. This photo shows the aerial lift bridge in Duluth. Temperatures of -30, without considering the wind chill factor, are prompting all public and most private schools throughout the state to close on Monday because of the extreme weather. … Read entire article »

Romney Speech Caps Unforgettable Week

Romney Speech Caps Unforgettable Week

Alli Hall / youthjournalism.org Republicans celebrate with balloons and confetti at the close of the convention  By Alli Hall Junior Reporter Youth Journalism International TAMPA, Florida – The speech the world and I had been waiting for all week was Mitt Romney’s. Romney, who this week officially became the Republican Party’s nominee for president, was serious at times, funny at other times, but all the time he was down to earth, and full of love for our country. At the … Read entire article »

Filed under: Alli Hall, Duluth, Florida, GOP, Minnesota, Mitt Romney, Republican National Convention, Republicans, RNC, Tampa

Republican Convention: A Kid’s Point Of View

Alli Hall / youthjournalism.org Arizona Sen. John McCain addresses the Republican National Convention By Alli Hall Junior Reporter Youth Journalism International TAMPA, Florida – There was another morning breakfast Wednesday, but sadly I did not attend, because our bus did arrive at the hotel until 2 a.m. and I wasn’t quite in the mood to get up at 7:30 a.m. I’m a little bummed out because I missed the opportunity to meet Florida Sen. Marco Rubio. I did wake up later … Read entire article »

Filed under: Alli Hall, Florida, GOP, John McCain, Minnesota, Mitt Romney, Republican National Convention, Republicans, RNC, Tampa

Candidates, Cupcakes Sweeten Convention

Candidates, Cupcakes Sweeten Convention

Alli Hall / youthjournalism.org Ann Romney addresses the Republican National Convention Tuesday night By Alli Hall Junior Reporter Youth Journalism International TAMPA, Florida – Tuesday, my first full day at the Republican National Convention, was a crazy day for a teenager. I woke up at 7:30 a.m. to go to a breakfast at 8:30 a.m., and from there went to a pro-life rally at the aquarium in Tampa to the convention at the Tampa Bay Times Forum. Although it was … Read entire article »

Filed under: Alli Hall, Florida, GOP, Minnesota, politics, Republican National Convention, Republicans, RNC, Tampa

The Grand Old Party Is Underway In Florida

youthjournalism.org YJI reporter Alli Hall center, is flanked by belly dancers at the Republican National Convention’s opening party. By Alli Hall Junior Reporter Youth Journalism International TAMPA, Florida – RNC: to all those teenagers and young adults who don’t know what the Republican National Convention is, I hope by the end of the week you will. Now underway in Tampa, Florida, the main objectives of the Republican National Convention are to adopt a platform for the presidential race reflecting the party’s … Read entire article »

Filed under: Alli Hall, Florida, GOP, Michele Bachmann, Mitt Romney, politics, Republican National Convention, Republicans, RNC, Tampa

YJI’s Newest Reporter Arrives At The Republican National Convention

youthjournalism.org Alli Hall on the bus to the convention. Youth Journalism International is happy and proud to introduce our newest reporter, 15-year-old Alli Hall from Duluth, Minnesota, U.S.A. She’s attending the Republican National Convention in Tampa, Florida. It’s her first time at a national convention, and she says she’s “very excited to see what’s in store.”The convention will open Monday, but immediately adjourn for the day because of the oncoming hurricane. It is scheduled to open again on … Read entire article »

Filed under: Alli Hall, Duluth, Florida, Minnesota, Mitt Romney, politics, Republicans, Tampa