» Alli Hall

In Minnesota, It’s Too Cool For School

In Minnesota, It’s Too Cool For School

Alli Hall / youthjournalism.org It’s Saturday evening in January in Duluth, Minn., U.S.A., and the temperature is a balmy -7 degrees Farenheit. This photo shows the aerial lift bridge in Duluth. Temperatures of -30, without considering the wind chill factor, are prompting all public and most private schools throughout the state to close on Monday because of the extreme weather. … Read entire article »

Filed under: Alli Hall, Duluth, Minnesota, snow, U.S.A., weather

In Minnesota, It’s Too Cool For School

In Minnesota, It’s Too Cool For School

Alli Hall / youthjournalism.org It’s Saturday evening in January in Duluth, Minn., U.S.A., and the temperature is a balmy -7 degrees Farenheit. This photo shows the aerial lift bridge in Duluth. Temperatures of -30, without considering the wind chill factor, are prompting all public and most private schools throughout the state to close on Monday because of the extreme weather.   … Read entire article »

Romney Speech Caps Unforgettable Week

Romney Speech Caps Unforgettable Week

Alli Hall / youthjournalism.org Republicans celebrate with balloons and confetti at the close of the convention  By Alli Hall Junior Reporter Youth Journalism International TAMPA, Florida – The speech the world and I had been waiting for all week was Mitt Romney’s. Romney, who this week officially became the Republican Party’s nominee for president, was serious at times, funny at other times, but all the time he was down to earth, and full of love for our country. At the … Read entire article »

Filed under: Alli Hall, Duluth, Florida, GOP, Minnesota, Mitt Romney, Republican National Convention, Republicans, RNC, Tampa

Romney Speech Caps Unforgettable Week

Romney Speech Caps Unforgettable Week

Romney Speech Caps Unforgettable Week

Romney Speech Caps Unforgettable Week

Romney Speech Caps Unforgettable Week

Romney Speech Caps Unforgettable Week

Romney Speech Caps Unforgettable Week

Romney Speech Caps Unforgettable Week

Republican Convention: A Kid’s Point Of View

Alli Hall / youthjournalism.org Arizona Sen. John McCain addresses the Republican National Convention By Alli Hall Junior Reporter Youth Journalism International TAMPA, Florida – There was another morning breakfast Wednesday, but sadly I did not attend, because our bus did arrive at the hotel until 2 a.m. and I wasn’t quite in the mood to get up at 7:30 a.m. I’m a little bummed out because I missed the opportunity to meet Florida Sen. Marco Rubio. I did wake up later … Read entire article »

Filed under: Alli Hall, Florida, GOP, John McCain, Minnesota, Mitt Romney, Republican National Convention, Republicans, RNC, Tampa

Candidates, Cupcakes Sweeten Convention

Candidates, Cupcakes Sweeten Convention

Alli Hall / youthjournalism.org Ann Romney addresses the Republican National Convention Tuesday night By Alli Hall Junior Reporter Youth Journalism International TAMPA, Florida – Tuesday, my first full day at the Republican National Convention, was a crazy day for a teenager. I woke up at 7:30 a.m. to go to a breakfast at 8:30 a.m., and from there went to a pro-life rally at the aquarium in Tampa to the convention at the Tampa Bay Times Forum. Although it was … Read entire article »

Filed under: Alli Hall, Florida, GOP, Minnesota, politics, Republican National Convention, Republicans, RNC, Tampa

Candidates, Cupcakes Sweeten Convention

Candidates, Cupcakes Sweeten Convention

Candidates, Cupcakes Sweeten Convention

Candidates, Cupcakes Sweeten Convention