» Boston Marathon bombing

Newseum Displays Unforgettable Images

Newseum Displays Unforgettable Images

Van Nguyen / youthjournalism.org The broadcast antenna of the World Trade Center’s North Tower, destroyed in the terrorist attack of Sept. 11, 2001. Behind the tower are newspaper front pages from that time. By Van Ngoc Nguyen Reporter Youth Journalism International WASHINGTON, D.C. – While attending the fall conference of National Scholastic Press Association, I had the precious opportunity to visit the Newseum. This museum of news is truly an ideal place for student reporters and photographers to get worthy information … Read entire article »

Filed under: 9/11, Boston Marathon bombing, D.C., journalism, Newseum, Van Nguyen, Vietnam, Washington

From Saudi Arabia, Boston Born American Muslim Grieves Marathon Bombing Victims

By Nawall Hassan Junior Reporter Youth Journalism International JEDDAH, Saudi Arabia – Tragedy is the unavoidable menace that walks among us, striking at the most unexpected of times. On the gloriously clear-skied day of April 15th, 2013, children and adults alike in Boston – my hometown – left their homes with the intention of spending a memorable day at the famed Copley Square with loved ones. No one was anticipating that they would soon be the victims to a … Read entire article »

Filed under: Boston, Boston Marathon bombing, Islam, Jeddah, Muslim, Nawall Hassan, Quran, Saudi Arabia, terrorism, Yelena Samofalova

Boston Bombing Spreads Fear Across Globe

Crime scene boundaries in Boston By Mariechen Puchert Associate Editor Youth Journalism International AT SEA OFF THE WEST COAST OF AFRICA – It is evening-time on the M/V Explorer and we are en route to Morocco. Students are eating, preparing for final examinations, and attending evening seminars. An announcement interrupts us:  “We are sorry for interrupting the programs currently in session, but we have received some important news from the United States. Two bombs have exploded at the end of … Read entire article »

Filed under: 9-11, Boston, Boston Marathon bombing, Mariechen Puchert, terrorism