» Harry Potter

We’ll Remember Alan Rickman. Always.

We’ll Remember Alan Rickman. Always.

By Hafsa Ahmed Reporter Youth Journalism International LAHORE, Pakistan – From a logical standpoint, feeling devastated by the death of an actor seems odd. You’ve never met that person, never talked to them and don’t even know half the things about their real life. All you’ve been exposed to is that actor’s screen persona, their portrayal of a fictional character. But Alan Rickman portrayed his characters so authentically that today, I feel as if I’ve parted from a dear … Read entire article »

Filed under: Alan Rickman, Alan Rickman, Hafsa Ahmed, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Movie, movie review, Movie reviews, movies

Will Azkaban Become A Giant Pumpkin? Anticipating The New Harry Potter Story

By Olga Gutan Junior Reporter Youth Journalism International HONG KONG – It’s the end of October, which means that Christmas and New Year are coming, for those who celebrate them. It also means Halloween, trick-or-treat and costumes that make characters come alive. Another thing that will come alive this Halloween is the Harry Potter story! Author J.K. Rowling decided to make Harry Potter fans happy and publish another short story related to the magical world of wizards and witches, after … Read entire article »

Filed under: Harry Potter, Hong Kong, J.K. Rowling, Olga Gutan

Deathly Hallows Marks End Of An Era

By Eugenia Durante Senior reporter Youth Journalism International GENOA, Italy — I remember my mother buying Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone for me when I was a kid, in a small bookshop which seemed to me a sort of magic labyrinth.It was still one of the first Italian editions, with its nice-smelling pages and its green shades on the hard cover, and nobody had the idea that its protagonist would become an icon to an entire generation. I read it in a day and asked for more – as I did for all the seven books. I waited for with the impatience similar to the Christmas Eve for children, even when I was not a kid anymore.A shelf of my bookcase is reserved for Harry Potter, both in English and Italian, and even … Read entire article »

Filed under: Eugenia Durante, Harry Potter

Deathly Hallows Marks End Of An Era

Deathly Hallows Marks End Of An Era

Deathly Hallows Marks End Of An Era

Deathly Hallows Marks End Of An Era

Deathly Hallows Marks End Of An Era

Deathly Hallows Marks End Of An Era

Growing Up With Harry Potter

By Celeste Kurz Junior reporter Youth Journalism International WEST HARTFORD, Conn., U.S.A. – With the release of the final film in the Harry Potter series, a chapter closed in the lives of many. Whether they discovered J.K. Rowling’s magical books while in elementary school or receiving their doctorates, readers ate up the volumes. In the 14 years since the 1997 release of the first book, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, we have seen seven books written and published, eight films produced, and an immense group of followers that may just have contributed to the record-breaking 168 million tickets sold to the premiere of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 on its first weekend.For many, this release marks the end of an era.Gone are the days of waiting for the next book or … Read entire article »

Filed under: Celeste Kurz, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling

A Bittersweet Ending For Harry Potter

By Nancy Hsu Reporter Youth Journalism International BRISBANE, Australia – In the last installment of the long awaited finale, Harry Potter and the Deathy Hallows Part 2, with nothing left to conceal, truths are unveiled, relationships developed, friendships cemented and the fight for good as strong as ever.The beautifully and magically crafted movie – with its healthy doses of witty humor, action and heart – immersed viewers so that every scene made us laugh, smile, cry or peek through finger gaps to see what was happening. I left the cinema satisfied, impressed and a little bittersweet that the Harry Potter journey was now over.The general storyline of the movie showed Harry, kept in a safe house at the beginning of the film, ready to venture off with pals Hermione and Ron to find and … Read entire article »

Filed under: Harry Potter, movie review, Nancy Hsu

Potter’s Deathly Hallows: Part 2 Is ‘Fittingly Epic’

By Myah Guild Junior Reporter Youth Journalism International DUNSTABLE, Bedfordshire, England – One of the most eagerly anticipated dates of the year, Friday July 15 marked the end of an era as Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2, the final film in the Harry Potter franchise, was released in Britain. The books had captured the imaginations of readers worldwide and the films were massively successful, captivating audiences of all ages, all over the world.Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 is the last installment in the series. Directed by David Yates, the finale sees Harry Potter (Daniel Radcliffe) and his friends, Ron Weasley (Rupert Grint) and Hermione Granger (Emma Watson), continue in their quest to defeat Lord Voldemort once and for all. The film also shows the ultimate battle at Hogwarts between … Read entire article »

Filed under: Bedfordshire, Dunstable, England, Harry Potter, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2, movie review, Myah Guild

By MyahGuild JuniorReporter YouthJournalism International DUNSTABLE,Bedfordshire, England – One of themost eagerly anticipated dates of the year, Friday July 15 marked the end of anera as Harry Potter and the DeathlyHallows: Part 2, the final film in the Harry Potter franchise, was releasedin Britain. The bookshad captured the imaginations of readers worldwide and the films were massivelysuccessful, captivating audiences of all ages, all over the world.Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows:Part 2 is the last installment in the series. Directedby David Yates, the finale sees Harry Potter (Daniel Radcliffe) and hisfriends, Ron Weasley (Rupert Grint) and Hermione Granger (Emma Watson),continue in their quest to defeat Lord Voldemort once and for all. The filmalso shows the ultimate battle at Hogwarts between good and evil forces,including the final battle between Harry and Voldemort. Therelationship between the three leads … Read entire article »