» James Foley

Journalist Jim Foley’s Life Inspires The Next Generation At Youth Journalism International

Click on the photo to enlarge it. We post this photo today in memory of James Foley, a gifted and brave American journalist who was brutally murdered last month by ISIS terrorists. Foley had been working in Syria in November 2012 when he was abducted. We want his family, friends and colleagues to know that his life inspires us at Youth Journalism International, which helps students worldwide, including in the most troubled places, to tell their … Read entire article »

Filed under: James Foley, journalism, Syria, terrorism

Journalist James Foley Put His Life On The Line For Truth And Deserves Our Respect

Journalist James Foley in Tripoli, Libya in August, 2011. Photo by Jonathan Pedneault, used with permission through the www.freejamesfoley.org website.   By Eli Winter Senior Reporter Youth Journalism International HOUSTON, Texas, U.S.A. – He risked his life for our news. I write this, sitting in a safe neighborhood in greater Houston, with headphones on and internet connected, far removed from any and all conflict, barring the occasional wars of words whenever my natural teenage instinct to disagree with most of … Read entire article »

Filed under: Eli Winter, Houston, James Foley, journalism, Syria, Texas, U.S.A.