» Max Turgeon

Can Republicans Stop Donald Trump?

Can Republicans Stop Donald Trump?

By Max Turgeon Reporter Youth Journalism International NEWINGTON, Connecticut, U.S.A. – The Republican Party is undergoing a renewal. The rise of the “outsider” candidate has taken the GOP establishment by surprise. The leading Republican candidate for president, businessman Donald Trump, has seen his high poll numbers translate into votes and delegates that propel him toward the party’s nomination. But the establishment of the party is banding together to defeat Trump. I would be hesitant to call what is happening in the party … Read entire article »

Filed under: Donald Trump, Max Turgeon, Republicans

A Blizzard Begins And The Snow Drifts

A Blizzard Begins And The Snow Drifts

Max Turgeon / youthjournalism.org The snow from the blizzard starts to accumulate at this home in Newington, Conn. about 10:30 Monday night. Conditions are deteriorating and the wind is blowing. By Max Turgeon / youthjournalism.org About 8 a.m. Tuesday, the snow was still falling at a moderate pace. Accumulations reached about 20 inches here in Newington, with drifts up to 30 inches against the house. Max Turgeon / youthjournalism.org Noon Tuesday on the side of the house. The path is … Read entire article »

Filed under: blizzard, Connecticut, Max Turgeon, Newington, snow, snow day, storms, weather

Diverse Forum Wrestles With How To Fix America’s “Broken” Political System

Max Turgeon / youthjournalism.org Speakers at The Connecticut Forum earlier this month. Karl Rove, who is speaking, is shown on the large screen. By Max Turgeon Junior Reporter Youth Journalism International HARTFORD, Connecticut, U.S.A. – Presenting panelists of different political views, The Connecticut Forum recently provided an interesting exchange of ideas about what ails America’s political system and how to fix it. The program, “Debating our Broken Political System,” featured columnist Charles Blow of The New York Times, award-winning historian Doris … Read entire article »

Filed under: Connecticut, Democrats, Hartford, Max Turgeon, opinion, politics, Republicans, U.S.A.