» Mayborn

Prizewinning photojournalists tell how work can stand out in a sea of instant images

By Garret Reich Reporter Youth Journalism International GRAPEVINE, Texas, U.S.A. – It is a common saying that a picture is worth a thousand words. And it is – regardless of what language you speak, the religion you take faith in, or the part of the world you reside. At the Mayborn Literary Nonfiction Conference outside of Dallas, Texas, four Pulitzer Prize winners spoke about their international experiences with photojournalism and offered advice to fellow photographers. The four panelists – Smiley … Read entire article »

Filed under: Carol Guzy, Garret Reich, journalism, Mayborn, Mayborn Conference, photography, Pulitzer Prize\, Texas, YJI Students

Student Writers: The Mayborn Could Be An Impressive Part Of Your College App

Young Spurs of 2014 included two Youth Journalism International reporters. Here, the group stands with author Bryan Burrough, who led the group of young writers last summer. If you are a student at a high school or community college in the United States and want to inject excitement, inspiration and purpose into your writing, consider entering the Young Spurs competition. The Young Spurs is a contest held each year through the Mayborn Literary NonfictionConference.  The Mayborn, which is … Read entire article »

Filed under: Bryan Burrough, contest, George Getschow, Jackie Majerus, James McGrath Morris, Johanna Boedenauer, journalism contest, Katie Lothrop, Kiernan Majerus-Collins, Mayborn, Sheri Fink, Steve Collins, writing