» Nashville

After Orlando killings, gay teen is scared and sad, but ‘more on fire than ever before’

By O.D. Wright Reporter Youth Journalism International NASHVILLE, Tenn., U.S.A. – It was past midnight and I was talking on the phone with a young woman I’ve had a crush on for a while now. She was working night shift, and I’d stay up any hour to lose myself in conversation with her.  The whole time she talked about boys, her current heartbreaks and crushes.  It did hurt a little, but it was worth talking about if it … Read entire article »

Filed under: gay pride, human rights, LGBTQ, Nashville, Orlando, sexuality, Tennessee, terrorism

Avoiding A Close Encounter With A Snake

Avoiding A Close Encounter With A Snake

Olivia Wright and Kitty, her boa constrictor. Wright, who loves reptiles, offers tips for those who don’t share her passion. She says Kitty is “a real sweetheart.” By Olivia Wright Junior Reporter Youth Journalism International NASHVILLE, Tennessee, U.S.A. – Spring is a season of sun, flowers, April showers, and … reptiles. After months of brumation, or dormancy, they are just as eager as we are for somewarm weather. And spring is the time of year when people and snakes most … Read entire article »

Filed under: Nashville, Olivia Wright, Perspective, Tennessee, U.S.A.