» Movie reviews

‘Amy’ A Fitting Tribute To Winehouse

‘Amy’ A Fitting Tribute To Winehouse

By Noah Kidron-Style Correspondent Youth Journalism International   AUSTIN, Texas, U.S.A. – Director Asif Kapadia’s powerful documentary Amy begins with home-video footage of a 14-year-old Amy Winehouse singing “Happy Birthday” to her childhood best friend Lauren Gilbert.  Sadly, we already know how the story ends. The cause of death was later revealed to be accidental alcohol poisoning, and for Winehouse’s millions of fans across the world it felt almost like losing a member of the family. As tributes flooded in, fans paid … Read entire article »

Filed under: Amy Winehouse, Movie, movie review, Movie reviews, music, music review, Noah Kidron-Style

We’ll Remember Alan Rickman. Always.

We’ll Remember Alan Rickman. Always.

By Hafsa Ahmed Reporter Youth Journalism International LAHORE, Pakistan – From a logical standpoint, feeling devastated by the death of an actor seems odd. You’ve never met that person, never talked to them and don’t even know half the things about their real life. All you’ve been exposed to is that actor’s screen persona, their portrayal of a fictional character. But Alan Rickman portrayed his characters so authentically that today, I feel as if I’ve parted from a dear … Read entire article »

Filed under: Alan Rickman, Alan Rickman, Hafsa Ahmed, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Movie, movie review, Movie reviews, movies

‘Woman In Gold’ Celebrates Recovery Of Priceless Family Art Stolen By Nazis

By Rahul Krishnaswamy Junior Reporter Youth Journalism International LEWISVILLE, North Carolina, U.S.A. – The Holocaust had an obvious impact on the lives of millions of Jews during the ‘40s, but it also influenced culture, and that effect is at the heart of the film Woman in Gold. Woman in Gold explores the struggle of a Holocaust survivor to regain a family treasure stolen by the Nazis during the Anschluss of Austria, or when Hitler annexed Austria in 1938, unifying it … Read entire article »

Filed under: art, Holocaust, Movie reviews, movies, Rahul Krishnaswamy, reviews

Lessons From “Miss Representation”

Lessons From “Miss Representation”

By Brianna Ramos Junior Reporter Youth Journalism International HOWELL, New Jersey, U.S.A. – Miss Representation is one film that every woman, many and child needs to see. From America’s earliest days, the nation has been a patriarchy. We have had zero women presidents, and only a couple dozen women governors. Women are not seen as important. They’re viewed as too “emotional” or too “weak” to hold powerful positions. This stereotype not only degrades women, but is also damaging to men. Modern media … Read entire article »

Filed under: Brianna Ramos, Movie reviews, movies, reviews