» J.K. Rowling

We’ll Remember Alan Rickman. Always.

We’ll Remember Alan Rickman. Always.

By Hafsa Ahmed Reporter Youth Journalism International LAHORE, Pakistan – From a logical standpoint, feeling devastated by the death of an actor seems odd. You’ve never met that person, never talked to them and don’t even know half the things about their real life. All you’ve been exposed to is that actor’s screen persona, their portrayal of a fictional character. But Alan Rickman portrayed his characters so authentically that today, I feel as if I’ve parted from a dear … Read entire article »

Filed under: Alan Rickman, Alan Rickman, Hafsa Ahmed, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Movie, movie review, Movie reviews, movies

Will Azkaban Become A Giant Pumpkin? Anticipating The New Harry Potter Story

By Olga Gutan Junior Reporter Youth Journalism International HONG KONG – It’s the end of October, which means that Christmas and New Year are coming, for those who celebrate them. It also means Halloween, trick-or-treat and costumes that make characters come alive. Another thing that will come alive this Halloween is the Harry Potter story! Author J.K. Rowling decided to make Harry Potter fans happy and publish another short story related to the magical world of wizards and witches, after … Read entire article »

Filed under: Harry Potter, Hong Kong, J.K. Rowling, Olga Gutan

Growing Up With Harry Potter

By Celeste Kurz Junior reporter Youth Journalism International WEST HARTFORD, Conn., U.S.A. – With the release of the final film in the Harry Potter series, a chapter closed in the lives of many. Whether they discovered J.K. Rowling’s magical books while in elementary school or receiving their doctorates, readers ate up the volumes. In the 14 years since the 1997 release of the first book, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, we have seen seven books written and published, eight films produced, and an immense group of followers that may just have contributed to the record-breaking 168 million tickets sold to the premiere of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 on its first weekend.For many, this release marks the end of an era.Gone are the days of waiting for the next book or … Read entire article »

Filed under: Celeste Kurz, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling

As Promised, the Ultimate Potter Palooza

We’ve been telling you much of this week about our decade of coverage of the adventures of the boy wizard. Now that diehard fans are nearly heading out to the theater, it’s time to hand over the goods. In 2007, as author J.K. Rowling’s last book in the wildy popular series, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, was hitting bookstores, YJI writers worldwide pulled together to bring readers a spectacular package. We had reporters or photographers weighing in from Trinidad, Australia, Singapore, England and the United States with book reviews, tales from the bookstore, personal reflections on growing up with Harry and even a cartoon. What are you waiting for? See it all at http://tinyurl.com/2bohez7. … Read entire article »

Filed under: Australia, England, Harry Potter, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, J.K. Rowling, Potter Palooza, Singapore, Trinidad, United States