» Garrett Reich

Trump Tells Iowa Crowd He Could ‘Shoot Somebody’ And Not Lose Votes

By Garret Reich Reporter Youth Journalism International   SIOUX CENTER, Iowa, U.S.A. – Bragging about his own popularity with supporters, Republican Donald Trump told an Iowa crowd Saturday, “I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and not lose votes.” That boast from the presidential candidate – met with cheering from the audience –came after a long string of insults Trump hurled against the many Republican primary opponents he is trying to beat at the … Read entire article »

Filed under: Donald Trump, Garrett Reich, Iowa, Iowa Caucus, politics

Bernie Sanders In Iowa: Participants Of Democracy Will Shape The Future

By Garret Reich Junior Reporter Youth Journalism International UNDERWOOD, Iowa, U.S.A. – America’s future will be determined by those who take part in the democratic process, U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders said at a campaign stop Tuesday. Sanders, a senator from Vermont who running for U.S. president, said he is very proud to have young people involved in his campaign. Asked what he would say to the youth of the country who don’t believe they are obligated to get involved … Read entire article »

Filed under: Bernie Sanders, elections, Garrett Reich, Iowa, Iowa Caucus

Obama Inspires With Charleston Eulogy

Obama Inspires With Charleston Eulogy

By Garret Reich Junior Reporter Youth Journalism International   GLENWOOD, Iowa, U.S.A. – President Barack Obama delivered an inspiring eulogy at the funeral for the Rev. Clementa Pinckney last week that may resonate for years to come. Pinckney, the pastor at the Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church in Charleston, South Carolina, was leading the Bible study group June 17 when a man who was welcomed as a visitor shot and killed him and eight people in his congregation. Dylann Roof, a … Read entire article »

Filed under: Charleston, Garrett Reich, Obama, racism, terrorism

America Can’t Be A Nation Of Bystanders While A Racist Murders Nine Innocents

By Garret Reich Junior Reporter Youth Journalism International GLENWOOD, Iowa, U.S.A. – As it is, does there happen to be a context to pulling a gun on innocent people?  Or a context for pulling one in a church prayer circle because of the race of the worshippers? In Charlestown, South Carolina this week, there was what many would call a “church massacre” when a gunman killed six women and three men. Police arrested 21-year-old Dylann Roof for the murders. According … Read entire article »

Filed under: Garrett Reich, racism, terrorism

My Hometown: Glenwood, Iowa

My Hometown: Glenwood, Iowa

By Garret Reich Junior Reporter Youth Journalism International GLENWOOD, Iowa, U.S.A. – Surrounded by the rolling Loess Hills and famous for its homecomings is my hometown, Glenwood, Iowa. Few people are familiar with the state of Iowa itself and even fewer with the small town of Glenwood. When first entering Glenwood from the highway, the average traveler seeing a few fast-food restaurants and maybe a gas station might not drive much further. But in order to experience what the 5,000 people … Read entire article »

Filed under: Garrett Reich, Hometown, Iowa, My Hometown