» Immigration

Brexit is personal to Polish student in UK

Parliament. Photo by Yelena Samofalova/youthjournalism.org By Joanna Koter Junior Reporter Youth Journalism International   WHITBY, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom – I woke up on Friday, June 24 to take my math exam and headed for the bathroom to brush my teeth. I saw my friend, who is Polish too, and lives in the same boarding house. She says to me, “Do you want to hear the news?” I see her face and I instantly know the results of the voting that … Read entire article »

Filed under: England, European Union, Immigration, Joanna Koter, Poland, United Kingdom, voting

Desperate Refugees Seeking Asylum Camp At Budapest’s Keleti Train Station

Megan Elizabeth Barlow / youthjournalism.org   Refugees camped out in the Keleti train station in Budapest on Tuesday. By Megan Elizabeth Barlow Junior Reporter Youth Journalism International BUDAPEST, Hungary – Alarmingly high numbers of people have crossed the Mediterranean Sea this year, fleeing war and suffering in their home countries at home in the Middle East and Africa and hoping to find safety in Europe. This week saw, in a single day, more than 2,000 asylum seekers enter Hungary – despite its fenced border. Hungarian officials closed the Keleti train station … Read entire article »

Filed under: Germany, Hungary, Immigration, Megan Elizabeth Barlow, Refugees, Syria