» Minnesota

Great Lesson In Politics: Serving As Minnesota’s Youngest Convention Delegate

youthjournalism.org YJI Reporter Allison Hall with Minnesota’s endorsed Republican candidate for governor, Jeff Johnson. By Allison Hall Reporter Youth Journalism International ROCHESTER, Minnesota, U.S.A. – I’ve learned about American government and politics in school, but last month, as the youngest delegate at the Minnesota Republican state convention, I got hands-on experience that can’t be taught in a classroom. Those two days at the Rochester Civic Center at the end of May taught me so much more about how the process works … Read entire article »

Filed under: Allison Hall, Duluth, GOP, Minnesota, politics, Republican National Convention, Republicans, Rochester, U.S.A.

The Fault In Our Stars: A Heart Wrenching Film For Those Willing To Shed A Few Tears

From the official movie website for The Fault in Our Stars By Allison Hall Reporter Youth Journalism International DULUTH, Minnesota, U.S.A. – The Fault in Our Stars, a movie based on the book by John Green, is a heart-felt love-story about two teenagers battling cancer. If you plan on seeing this, I suggest you bring a mega-size box of Kleenex because it’ll get your eyes watering. I received endless amounts of criticism for attending this movie before reading the book. Many … Read entire article »

Filed under: Allison Hall, Duluth, Minnesota, movie review, movies, U.S.A.

One Chilly Morning On Lake Superior

One Chilly Morning On Lake Superior

Allison Hall / youthjournalism.org Lake Superior, beyond the icicles, in Duluth, MN By Allison Hall Reporter Youth Journalism International DULUTH, Minnesota, U.S.A. – It’s days like today I could just stay inside my house, stuck in front of my TV and dreading the coldness that waits beyond my front door. I really thought that was how I was going to spend my day, since the temperature is 30 below zero with the wind chill, but something inside me was dragging me … Read entire article »

Filed under: Allison Hall, Duluth, Lake Superior, Minnesota, snow, snow day, U.S.A., weather

In Minnesota, It’s Too Cool For School

In Minnesota, It’s Too Cool For School

Alli Hall / youthjournalism.org It’s Saturday evening in January in Duluth, Minn., U.S.A., and the temperature is a balmy -7 degrees Farenheit. This photo shows the aerial lift bridge in Duluth. Temperatures of -30, without considering the wind chill factor, are prompting all public and most private schools throughout the state to close on Monday because of the extreme weather. … Read entire article »

Filed under: Alli Hall, Duluth, Minnesota, snow, U.S.A., weather

In Minnesota, It’s Too Cool For School

In Minnesota, It’s Too Cool For School

Alli Hall / youthjournalism.org It’s Saturday evening in January in Duluth, Minn., U.S.A., and the temperature is a balmy -7 degrees Farenheit. This photo shows the aerial lift bridge in Duluth. Temperatures of -30, without considering the wind chill factor, are prompting all public and most private schools throughout the state to close on Monday because of the extreme weather.   … Read entire article »

Romney Speech Caps Unforgettable Week

Romney Speech Caps Unforgettable Week

Alli Hall / youthjournalism.org Republicans celebrate with balloons and confetti at the close of the convention  By Alli Hall Junior Reporter Youth Journalism International TAMPA, Florida – The speech the world and I had been waiting for all week was Mitt Romney’s. Romney, who this week officially became the Republican Party’s nominee for president, was serious at times, funny at other times, but all the time he was down to earth, and full of love for our country. At the … Read entire article »

Filed under: Alli Hall, Duluth, Florida, GOP, Minnesota, Mitt Romney, Republican National Convention, Republicans, RNC, Tampa

Romney Speech Caps Unforgettable Week

Romney Speech Caps Unforgettable Week

Romney Speech Caps Unforgettable Week

Romney Speech Caps Unforgettable Week

Romney Speech Caps Unforgettable Week

Romney Speech Caps Unforgettable Week

Romney Speech Caps Unforgettable Week

Romney Speech Caps Unforgettable Week

Republican Convention: A Kid’s Point Of View

Alli Hall / youthjournalism.org Arizona Sen. John McCain addresses the Republican National Convention By Alli Hall Junior Reporter Youth Journalism International TAMPA, Florida – There was another morning breakfast Wednesday, but sadly I did not attend, because our bus did arrive at the hotel until 2 a.m. and I wasn’t quite in the mood to get up at 7:30 a.m. I’m a little bummed out because I missed the opportunity to meet Florida Sen. Marco Rubio. I did wake up later … Read entire article »

Filed under: Alli Hall, Florida, GOP, John McCain, Minnesota, Mitt Romney, Republican National Convention, Republicans, RNC, Tampa