» YJI

Deadline Extended To Friday, Feb. 14 For Worldwide Youth Journalism Contest

youthjournalism.org Trophies are awarded in the top categories of Student Journalist of the Year, Journalism Educator of the Year, Courage in Journalism, the Frank Keegan “Take No Prisoners” Award for the best news story and the Jacinta Marie Bunnell Award for Commentary. The trophies in the photo were awarded in the first contest in 2010. WEST HARTFORD, Conn., U.S.A. – Now in its fifth year, Youth Journalism International’s annual contest for teenage journalists around the world offers … Read entire article »

Filed under: Connecticut, Excellence in Journalism Contest, U.S.A., YJI, YJI contest, youth journalism, youth journalism contest

A Critical Call For Support: HelpYJI.org

Arooj Khalid / youthjournalism.org Arooj Khalid is a 16-year-old girl in Lahore, Pakistan. She surprised her editors at YJI with this graphic as her way of helping with the challenge. YJI students are hardworking, smart and committed. They need and deserve your support. You can make a gigantic difference to Youth Journalism International right now!  This worldwide educational charity, based in Connecticut, is facing a challenge in July to become one of the nonprofits featured on Microsoft’s online Give … Read entire article »

Filed under: Arooj Khalid, HelpYJI.org, Lahore, Pakistan, YJI, youth journalism

A Critical Call For Support:  HelpYJI.org

San Francisco Art Gallery Hosts YJI Benefit

Nipping at the heels of “I Love YJI” events in Durban, South Africa; Kabul, Afghanistan, and Connecticut, the next bash will be a wine tasting benefit in San Francisco, California, for adults only. For Bay Area people, it’s simply not to be missed. Hosted by YJI alum Shaina Zura, the wine tasting benefit will be held from 7-10 p.m. on Saturday, March 16, at Spoke Art, a cool gallery at 816 Sutter St., San Francisco. Shaina, who participated … Read entire article »

Filed under: California, Oregon, Portland, San Francisco, Shaina Zura, Talon Bronson, YJI

Partying For YJI On Three Continents

Partying For YJI On Three Continents

Nicole Megan Gounder / youthjournalism.org Lucy-Sarah Raymond Gounder, after all the baking was finished, paused a moment by the beautiful table at the party in Durban.   Youth Journalism International not only has the greatest students on the planet, but the best alumni in the world. Just after Valentine’s Day, alum Nicole MeganGounder, and her wonderful mom, Lucy-Sarah Raymond Gounder, kicked off a new initiative from their home in Durban, South Africa, an “I love YJI” event. The same day, … Read entire article »

Filed under: Afghanistan, Connecticut, Durban, Edrees Kakar, Excellence in Journalism Contest, I Love YJI party, Jackie Majerus, Joe Keo, Kabul, Nicole Megan Gounder, South Africa, Steve Collins, YJI, YJI Ambassadors

Partying For YJI On Three Continents

Partying For YJI On Three Continents

Partying For YJI On Three Continents

Partying For YJI On Three Continents

Today Only, Do A Quick Survey To Help YJI

If you’re in the United States, you can help Youth Journalism International raise $2,000 by signing up for www.mymoneycheckup.org.  This is a new financial awareness site from the renowned National Foundation for Credit Counseling. To participate, you fill in a survey that takes about 10 minutes to complete. In the process, you may learn something about your own personal finances or about how financially savvy you are. YJI will receive $2,000 dollars if we reach 2,000 sign-ups from people in the … Read entire article »

Filed under: YJI, youthjournalism.org

If you’re in the United States, you can help Youth Journalism International raise $2,000 by signing up for www.mymoneycheckup.org.  This is a new financial awareness site from the renowned National Foundation for Credit Counseling. To participate, you fill in a survey that takes about 10 minutes to complete. In the process, you may learn something about your own personal finances or about how financially savvy you are. YJI will receive $2,000 dollars if we reach 2,000 sign-ups from people … Read entire article »

Filed under: YJI, youthjournalism.org

Filed under: YJI, youthjournalism.org

Call For Entries: YJI’s Annual Worldwide Contest For Teen Journalists Is On Now

youthjournalism.org Pushkal Shivam of Mumbai, India was named Student Journalist of the Year  in Youth Journalism International’s 2012 Excellence in Journalism contest. WEST HARTFORD, Conn., U.S.A. – For the first time, Youth Journalism International’s annual contest for teenage journalists around the world is including categories for multimedia reporting. “We are seeing more young people than ever producing top quality audio, video and other multimedia stories that deserve recognition and don’t fit traditional newsgathering categories,” said Steve Collins, president of … Read entire article »

Filed under: Excellence in Journalism Contest, YJI

youthjournalism.org Pushkal Shivam of Mumbai, India was named Student Journalist of the Year  in Youth Journalism International’s 2012 Excellence in Journalism contest. WEST HARTFORD, Conn., U.S.A. – For the first time, Youth Journalism International’s annual contest for teenage journalists around the world is including categories for multimedia reporting. “We are seeing more young people than ever producing top quality audio, video and other multimedia stories that deserve recognition and don’t fit traditional newsgathering categories,” said Steve Collins, president … Read entire article »