» Hosni Mubarak

Egypt: Six Months After the Revolution

By Lama Tawakkol Reporter Youth Journalism International CAIRO, Egypt –Earlier this year, January 25th saw the start of massive protests inEgypt that lasted 18 days and toppled dictator Hosni Mubarak after 30 years inpower. This movementhas been termed a revolution and gave the Egyptians a great deal of pride.  Six monthslater, the Egyptian people are at different ends as to what should be happeningand how they should react to it. Some peoplebelieve that they should let things be and see where it goes without causingmore trouble, believing the continuous disapprovals to be the cause for Egypt’scurrent state of political, economic and social instability. These peopledon’t want to see the military turn against its people, or Egypt ensnared incivil war and turned into Libya, Syria or Iraq. On the otherside of the debate are the people who are … Read entire article »

Filed under: Cairo, Egypt, Hosni Mubarak, Lama Tawakkol, revolution

Egypt: Six Months After the Revolution

By Lama Tawakkol Reporter Youth Journalism International CAIRO, Egypt – Earlier this year, January 25th saw the start of massive protests in Egypt that lasted 18 days and toppled dictator Hosni Mubarak after 30 years in power. This movement has been termed a revolution and gave the Egyptians a great deal of pride.  Six months later, the Egyptian people are at different ends as to what should be happening and how they should react to it. Some people believe that they should let things be and see where it goes without causing more trouble, believing the continuous disapprovals to be the cause for Egypt’s current state of political, economic and social instability. These people don’t want to see the military turn against its people, or Egypt ensnared in civil war and turned into Libya, Syria or … Read entire article »

Egypt: Six Months After the Revolution

Egypt: Six Months After the Revolution

Egypt: Six Months After the Revolution

Egypt: Six Months After the Revolution

Egypt: Six Months After the Revolution

Egypt: Six Months After the Revolution

Egypt Cheers As Mubarak Faces Trial

By Ghada Abdelhady Junior Reporter Youth Journalism International ALEXANDRIA, Egypt – Following last Saturday’s violent rally in Cairo’s Tahrir Square, many Egyptians felt deceived and neglected by the military forces with whom they had previously felt absolute harmony.The military crackdown against demonstrators created a shockwave that left many angry and frustrated.The protesters headed to Tahrir demanding the prosecution of former President Hosni Mubarak, but they returned home flabbergasted by the brutal reaction to their demands.But it was clear that the military forces have been under a lot of pressure, too, after taking over the government. They showed immediate patriotism towards their country as well as their hope as citizens for a better tomorrow.Still, there have been a lot of questions about why it took so long to start investigating the ones responsible for … Read entire article »

Filed under: Egypt, Ghada Abdelhady, Hosni Mubarak

Egypt Cheers As Mubarak Faces Trial

Egypt Cheers As Mubarak Faces Trial

Egypt Cheers As Mubarak Faces Trial

Egypt Cheers As Mubarak Faces Trial

Egypt Cheers As Mubarak Faces Trial

Egyptian Youth Reclaim Their Streets

Youth in Alexandria, Egypt, took to the streets this week to clean up.YJI Senior Reporter Jessica Elsayed is in the front, the third from the left. Photo provided. By Jessica ElsayedSenior ReporterYouth Journalism International ALEXANDRIA, Egypt – The youth of Egypt took to the streets again this week, to clean up this time, not to protest.Now that former President Hosni Mubarak has stepped down and we’ve celebrated our victorious revolution, what might seem like the end of our fight for freedom is merely just beginning. What many may not know about the two weeks after the revolution is that it is still a constant battle to maintain the revolution’s achievements and guarantee future reform. It is without a doubt a new era for Egypt and the sun is shining brighter than in … Read entire article »

Filed under: Alexandria, Egypt, Hosni Mubarak, Jessica Elsayed, revolution, uprising