» Noah Kidron-Style

‘Amy’ A Fitting Tribute To Winehouse

‘Amy’ A Fitting Tribute To Winehouse

By Noah Kidron-Style Correspondent Youth Journalism International   AUSTIN, Texas, U.S.A. – Director Asif Kapadia’s powerful documentary Amy begins with home-video footage of a 14-year-old Amy Winehouse singing “Happy Birthday” to her childhood best friend Lauren Gilbert.  Sadly, we already know how the story ends. The cause of death was later revealed to be accidental alcohol poisoning, and for Winehouse’s millions of fans across the world it felt almost like losing a member of the family. As tributes flooded in, fans paid … Read entire article »

Filed under: Amy Winehouse, Movie, movie review, Movie reviews, music, music review, Noah Kidron-Style

Genius Or Lunacy? A Memorable ‘Master’

Genius Or Lunacy? A Memorable ‘Master’

By Noah Kidron-Style Senior Reporter Youth Journalism International LONDON – Looking down the list of nominees for Academy Awards, I was struck yet again by the incomprehensible absence of Paul Thomas Anderson, and his sensational epic The Master, from tonight’s proceeding. Perhaps it was damaged in the often-conservative eyes of the Academy by Anderson’s unwillingness to tell you what to think about central characters Freddy Quell, played by Joaquin Phoenix, and Lancaster Dodd, played by Philip Seymour Hoffman. … Read entire article »

Filed under: Amy Adams, movie review, Noah Kidron-Style, Paul Thomas Anderson, review, The Master

Genius Or Lunacy? A Memorable ‘Master’

Genius Or Lunacy? A Memorable ‘Master’

Fantastical "Beasts Of The Southern Wild" Offers Vulnerability And Exhilaration

By Noah Kidron-Style Senior Reporter Youth Journalism International LONDON, England – Director Benh Zeitlin’s hallucinogenic Beasts of the Southern Wild may well be the most exiting cinematic debut, if not the outright best film, of the year. Drawing inspiration from Hurricane Katrina – but with a resonance far beyond the admittedly effective emotional manipulation of the tsunami survival film The Impossible, Beasts of the Southern Wild is set in a fictional Louisiana bayou called The Bathtub, which lies below a levee in a … Read entire article »

Filed under: Beasts of the Southern Wild, England, London, movie review, movies, Noah Kidron-Style

Fantastical “Beasts Of The Southern Wild” Offers Vulnerability And Exhilaration

Rehearsal Reveals ‘Bizarre And Spectacular’ Opening Ceremonies For London Olympics

Noah Kidron-Style / youthjournalism.org Wednesday’s rehearsal of the July 27 opening ceremony, “Isles of Wonder” for the London 2012 Olympics By Noah Kidron-Style Senior Reporter Youth Journalism International LONDON – Following the wettest British summer in memory, the start of the London Olympics has, in a moment of real life pathetic fallacy, coincided with the sun finally coming up. It has not been the easiest ride, with security cock-ups, athletes getting lost and even the North Korean football team storming off the … Read entire article »

Filed under: England, London, London 2012, Noah Kidron-Style, Olympics

Philosophy Marathon Proves A Surprise Hit

Noah Kidron-Style / youthjournalism.org Londoners packed the Institut  français  for a philosophy marathon Friday night By Noah Kidron-Style Reporter Youth Journalism International LONDON, England – A 12-hour overnight philosophy marathon may not seem like the most crowd-pleasing event, but ‘My Night With Philosophers’ lasting from  7 p.m. Friday to 7 a.m. Saturday at London’s Institut français was a surprise hit. Having never been to a philosophy conference, at any time of day, I didn’t really know what to expect. I only had a vague … Read entire article »

Filed under: England, Institut francais, London, Noah Kidron-Style, philosophy