» Paris

Shaken But Never Sunk: Terror In Paris

Shaken But Never Sunk: Terror In Paris

By Sara Chatterjee Senior Reporter Youth Journalism International   PARIS, France – Ten months after the attacks on Charlie Hebdo, Paris came under siege again after shootings shook the city in four different neighborhoods and at least two bombs exploded at the national football stadium in St. Denis last night. As the night went on and the worst attack on France since World War II unfolded, terrorists took people inside the Bataclan, a renowned theatre in the heart of Paris, hostage … Read entire article »

Filed under: France, Paris, Sara Chatterjee, terrorism

In Any Language, Paris Needs Peace

In Any Language, Paris Needs Peace

By Ameni Mathlouthi Senior Reporter Youth Journalism International BEJA, Tunisia – Paris, the City of Light, is darkened and mournful. When your heart is already shattered by the killing of a 15-year-old Tunisian shepherd by terrorists there, there isn’t much more to break when you learn about the attack on Paris that same day. This lightning strike one dark evening on the City of Light claimed more than 120 lives. People died near a soccer stadium where a match between … Read entire article »

Filed under: Ameni Mathlouthi, Paris, terrorism, Tunisia

Grieving For Paris, Fearing An Aftermath

By Lama Tawakkol Senior Reporter Youth Journalism International CAIRO, Egypt – I am in bed, listening to music and getting ready to get some sleep when I come across the news. Paris is “under attack.” It doesn’t register, and the more I search for news, the more it didn’t make any sense. Everyone seems as confused as I am. There are terrorist attacks on Paris that vary between bombings, explosions and straight out shootings, depending on the report. … Read entire article »

Filed under: Egypt, Lama Tawakkol, Paris, terrorism

Helplessly Watching Terror Attack On Paris

By Kiernan Majerus-Collins Correspondent Youth Journalism International LEWISTON, Maine, U.S.A. – In the 21st century, the world experiences horror in real-time. Blasts and bullets break the peace of a Friday night in Paris, and smartphones across the globe buzz with the news. I am shocked, and then saddened. Reports now say more than 100 people are dead, but the number seems likely to be higher than that. The New York Times can’t say who’s responsible, but they note that on Twitter, … Read entire article »

Filed under: Kiernan Majerus-Collins, Paris, terrorism

Free Speech: Standing With Charlie Hebdo

From the website of the Embassy of France in Washington, D.C. By Robert Mooney Reporter Youth Journalism International RICHMOND, North Yorkshire, UK – As about 40 world leaders march along with hundreds of thousands of people in Paris today to honor the victims of the Charlie Hebdo assault, it is not clear what can be done to prevent future attacks. As France and the rest of the world mourn the victims, the three days of terror must serve as a wakeup call that … Read entire article »

Filed under: France, free speech, North Yorkshire, opinion, Paris, Richmond, Robert Mooney, terrorism, UK

An American In Paris: Shattering Stereotypes

Kaley Willis / youthjournalism.org Paris sprawls below in the view from the top of the Eiffel Tower By Kaley Willis Reporter Youth Journalism International PARIS, France – When one thinks of France, they may think of men with curly mustaches and berets, puffy poodles walking along the sides of the Eiffel Tower, and rude American-hating Parisians parading around with baguettes. Kaley Willis / youthjournalism.org The Eiffel Tower During the past Thanksgiving break, I found myself in the heart of France busting quite a … Read entire article »

Filed under: dance, Disneyland, Eiffel Tower, France, Houma, Kaley Willis, Louisiana, Paris, Sulphur

Happy Bastille Day!

Happy Bastille Day!

Caroline Nelissen / youthjournalism.org Fireworks behind the Eiffel Tower in Paris Two years ago, YJI Senior Reporter Caroline Nelissen from the Netherlands celebrated Bastille Day in Paris, France and shared her photographs with readers. Take a look at the rest of them. … Read entire article »

Filed under: Bastille Day, Caroline Nelissen, France, Holidays, Paris, the Netherlands

Happy Bastille Day!

Happy Bastille Day!

Happy Bastille Day!

Happy Bastille Day!

Happy Bastille Day!

Happy Bastille Day!

Happy Bastille Day!

Happy Bastille Day!

Windows On The World: Paris

This picture of a Parisian garden was taken recently by Youth Journalism International Junior Reporter Alma Macbride from the window of an apartment where she stayed during a recent visit to the City of Light. … Read entire article »

Filed under: Alma Macbride, Paris

Windows On The World: Paris

Filed under: Alma Macbride, Paris