» Amy Winehouse

‘Amy’ A Fitting Tribute To Winehouse

‘Amy’ A Fitting Tribute To Winehouse

By Noah Kidron-Style Correspondent Youth Journalism International   AUSTIN, Texas, U.S.A. – Director Asif Kapadia’s powerful documentary Amy begins with home-video footage of a 14-year-old Amy Winehouse singing “Happy Birthday” to her childhood best friend Lauren Gilbert.  Sadly, we already know how the story ends. The cause of death was later revealed to be accidental alcohol poisoning, and for Winehouse’s millions of fans across the world it felt almost like losing a member of the family. As tributes flooded in, fans paid … Read entire article »

Filed under: Amy Winehouse, Movie, movie review, Movie reviews, music, music review, Noah Kidron-Style

Remembering Amy Winehouse

A memorial to Amy Winehous outside her flat on London’s Camden Square, where fans have left a mixture of flowers, pictures and drink bottles. (Photos by Noah Kidron-Style for Youth Journalism International) By Roohani Deshpande Junior reporter Youth Journalism International NEW DELHI, India – The premature death of the exceptionally gifted musician Amy Winehouse last weekend sent shockwaves throughout the world.Winehouse fans are deeply grieving her sudden absence and the loss of true talent. It’s heartbreaking to lose such an extraordinarily talented artist so soon. She was a legend and had a voice which almost no one could match. There are few people who are not afraid to be different, and she was just that. She wasn’t just a great musician, but also a great person, and the fact that she would no longer be a … Read entire article »

Filed under: Amy Winehouse, Noah Kidron-Style, Roohani Deshpande

Remembering Amy Winehouse

Remembering Amy Winehouse

Remembering Amy Winehouse

Remembering Amy Winehouse

Remembering Amy Winehouse

Remembering Amy Winehouse

Winehouse: ‘A Runaway Train Falling Off Tracks’

By Talon Bronson Senior reporter Youth Journalism International PORTLAND, Oregon, U.S.A. — Welcome to the 27 Club, host of the great musicians and rock stars of our time, all of whom died at the ripe age of 27.You’ll be remembered for a while, now, name up in lights, right beside the greats. All it takes is your life, a shallow price to pay in rock ‘n roll.On Saturday, July 23, Amy Winehouse checked into Club 27, next to Cobain, Morrison, Hendrix, and others.Once you check in, you don’t check out, right?Though an official statement hasn’t been released yet, a suspected drug overdose is to blame.Winehouse checked in to rehabilitation in late 2007 for drug use, most alarmingly, heroin. A longtime victim of drug addiction, Winehouse is primarily known for her song “Rehab,” … Read entire article »

Filed under: Amy Winehouse, music, rock and roll, Talon Bronson