» Melissa Luna

Don’t choose “macho contest” now

Don’t choose “macho contest” now

By Melissa Luna Youth Journalism International BRISTOL, Connecticut — (September 11, 2001) I found out about the bombing at school and I was shocked and scared beyond belief. Today is the anniversary of my grandfather’s death, and the events that happened today did not help at all. I pray that everyone who lost a loved one is consoled and I also pray that our leaders make the right decisions! I hope that our president thinks of the people who would … Read entire article »

Filed under: 9-11, Bristol, Connecticut, Melissa Luna

Looking Back: 9/11 Reactions From Students

We’re one month shy of the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks. Let’s take a look back at the pieces that Youth Journalism International students wrote on that horrible day: Thousands of reasons to pay attention Katie Jordan: We’ve all been told some adult or another how they felt when they heard about Pearl Harbor or Kennedy’s assassination. We’ve heard them explain what was going through their minds, and we’ve seen the far away looks on their faces as they remember. (OPINION – Sept. 11, 2001) America will rise to the challenge Kaishi Lee: Let’s face it. America’s in a frenzy after another terrorist attack. Now, why, of all countries, did terrorists choose America? (OPINION – Sept. 11, 2001) Chemistry, poetry and World War III? Mike Nguyen: I was thinking Independence Day, of the Empire State Building … Read entire article »

Filed under: 9/11, Hila Yosafi, Kaishi Lee, Melissa Luna, Mike Nguyen