» USA

YJI Henna Artists And Face Painters A Hit At The Annual Bristol, Connecticut Mum Festival

youthjournalism.org Thespians of Bristol Theatre Arts’ “Seussical” show off the henna designs they got at the YJI booth at the Mum Festival in Bristol, Connecticut on Saturday. youthjournailsm.org YJI’s top facepainers,Yelena Samofalova, left and Mary Majerus-Collins with a little boy who was very happy with his Spiderman face. youthjournalism.org This girl wanted her face painted to look like a frog. youthjournalism.org With the magic of YJI facepainting, this little girl turned into a lion. youthjournalism.org Gaggan Dhanjal’s henna design youthjournalism.org Volunteer Gaggan Dhanjal loaned YJI her … Read entire article »

Filed under: Bristol, Bristol Rotary Club, Connecticut, Danielle Letourneau, facepainting, henna, Hila Yosafi-Lehman, Mary Majerus-Collins, Mum Festival, USA, Yelena Samofalova

youthjournalism.org Thespians of Bristol Theatre Arts’ “Seussical” show off the henna designs they got at the YJI booth at the Mum Festival in Bristol, Connecticut on Saturday. youthjournailsm.org YJI’s top facepainers,Yelena Samofalova, left and Mary Majerus-Collins with a little boy who was very happy with his Spiderman face. youthjournalism.org This girl wanted her face painted to look like a frog. youthjournalism.org With the magic of YJI facepainting, this little girl turned into a lion. youthjournalism.org Gaggan Dhanjal’s henna design youthjournalism.orgVolunteer Gaggan Dhanjal loaned YJI her … Read entire article »

A Decade Later: Collected Thoughts Of 9/11

Thoughts aboutSept. 11, 2001 collected by Youth Journalism International students in interviews and in some cases, offered in personal essays by the YJI students themselves: There was a stiffness in the air.  It was a day withoutsmiles.   – Kiara Christensen, American high school student living in SaudiArabia Iwas in my first year at university. One of my friends often read the news fromCNN so the morning after that (when the event took place, it was night in VietNam due to time zones), she told me about it. My very first reaction was kindanaïve. I was like, “How come?” because at that time, I believed the U.S. is abig and powerful country and it could not be attacked just like that. And you know,there was no sign of it. Actually, I have never thought … Read entire article »

Filed under: 9-11, 9/11, Adam Kelly, Armenia, Caroline Nelissen, Cresonia Hsieh, Egypt, England, Evan Pogue, Jessica Elsayed, Lama Tawakkol, Mariah Pulver, Narine Daneghyan, Netherlands, Saudi Arabia, Sept. 11, Thuy Le, USA, Vietnam

Thoughts about Sept. 11, 2001 collected by Youth Journalism International students in interviews and in some cases, offered in personal essays by the YJI students themselves: There was a stiffness in the air.  It was a day without smiles.   – Kiara Christensen, American high school student living in Saudi Arabia I was in my first year at university. One of my friends often read the news from CNN so the morning after that (when the event took place, it was night in Viet Nam due to time zones), she told me about it. My very first reaction was kinda naïve. I was like, “How come?” because at that time, I believed the U.S. is a big and powerful country and it could not be attacked just like that. And you know, there was … Read entire article »