» Mum Festival

YJI Henna Artists And Face Painters A Hit At The Annual Bristol, Connecticut Mum Festival

youthjournalism.org Thespians of Bristol Theatre Arts’ “Seussical” show off the henna designs they got at the YJI booth at the Mum Festival in Bristol, Connecticut on Saturday. youthjournailsm.org YJI’s top facepainers,Yelena Samofalova, left and Mary Majerus-Collins with a little boy who was very happy with his Spiderman face. youthjournalism.org This girl wanted her face painted to look like a frog. youthjournalism.org With the magic of YJI facepainting, this little girl turned into a lion. youthjournalism.org Gaggan Dhanjal’s henna design youthjournalism.org Volunteer Gaggan Dhanjal loaned YJI her … Read entire article »

Filed under: Bristol, Bristol Rotary Club, Connecticut, Danielle Letourneau, facepainting, henna, Hila Yosafi-Lehman, Mary Majerus-Collins, Mum Festival, USA, Yelena Samofalova

youthjournalism.org Thespians of Bristol Theatre Arts’ “Seussical” show off the henna designs they got at the YJI booth at the Mum Festival in Bristol, Connecticut on Saturday. youthjournailsm.org YJI’s top facepainers,Yelena Samofalova, left and Mary Majerus-Collins with a little boy who was very happy with his Spiderman face. youthjournalism.org This girl wanted her face painted to look like a frog. youthjournalism.org With the magic of YJI facepainting, this little girl turned into a lion. youthjournalism.org Gaggan Dhanjal’s henna design youthjournalism.orgVolunteer Gaggan Dhanjal loaned YJI her … Read entire article »

YJI Wants To See You At The Mum Festival

youthjournalism.org Beautiful yellow mums are one sign of the start of fall in Connecticut Youth Journalism International will have a booth at the Mum Festival in Bristol, Connecticut, on Saturday. We hope anyone nearby will stop by and say hello!At our booth, we will have information about our work with young people worldwide, a map showing where our students are around the globe and news about our ongoing One Direction ‘fun-raiser.’We will be offering temporary henna designs … Read entire article »

Filed under: Bristol, Connecticut, henna, Mum Festival, Youth Journalism International

Face Painting At The Bristol Mum Festival

YJI photo Back row: Yelena Samofalova, Mary Majerus-Collins and Kiernan Majerus CollinsFront row: YJI Co-founder Steve Collins, YJI alum Danielle Letourneau and YJI alum and Ambassador Collin Seguin BRISTOL, Conn., U.S.A. – Youth Journalism International took part in the Mum Festival in Bristol, Conn., for the first time this past weekend. We staked our booth – a yellow umbrella shielding a small table in a in a sea of larger tents set up around us – and got to work telling people about this wonderful organization. It’s always easy for us to brag about our talented students, but never as much as when they’re standing right there with us. It was especially great to have Danielle Letourneau and Collin Seguin, two graduates of Bristol Central High School, with us to greet their hometown … Read entire article »

Filed under: Bristol, Collin Seguin, Danielle Letourneau, Kiernan Majerus-Collins, Mary Majerus-Collins, Mum Festival, Yelena Samofalova, Youth Journalism International

YJI’s Booth At The Mum Festival In Bristol

Here’s our dedicated crew out early at the Mum Festival in Bristol, Connecticut on Saturday, ready to greet the people and tell everyone about the joy and wonder of Youth Journalism International. That’s Kiernan Majerus-Collins, Mary Majerus-Collins and Steve Collins behind the booth.We’ve got some cool YJI props and a few little gifts for donors. Those are mums out front on the ground, in case you’re unfamiliar with the city’s signature flower. In the background, people are inflating a hot air balloon. Unfortunately for us, the drizzle started and the balloon was put away before we could get a ride. Not long after the balloon departed, the sun came out and it turned into a beautiful day at the festival. We’ll be back again on Sunday, with more YJI students and alumni, so if … Read entire article »

Filed under: Bristol, Connecticut, Kiernan Majerus-Collins, Mary Majerus-Collins, Mum Festival, Steve Collins, Youth Journalism International