» Granville

Egyptian Revolution, Take Two

By Jessica Elsayed Senior Reporter Youth Journalism International GRANVILLE, Ohio, U.S.A. – You justdon’t make the same movie twice, especially since you will know the ending. Starting Friday, Nov. 18thtill this very moment today on Tuesday, Nov. 22nd, the people ofEgypt have once again taken to the streets, after much patience had slowlydeveloped into much anger. Many people don’t know about theprotests that have taken place almost every other Friday after the January 25 revolutionin Egypt as it is rarely televised in the United States. The demonstrationswere also considerably non-violent on the side of the police. Recently, however, the military andpolice have used more violence than ever, at least since the revolution ended,with the excuse of practicing restraint. Hundreds of people were injured onFriday and Saturday and more than 25 people are dead. The warm … Read entire article »

Filed under: Alexandria, democracy, Egypt, Granville, Jessica Elsayed, Ohio, protests

Egyptian Revolution, Take Two

By Jessica Elsayed Senior Reporter Youth Journalism International GRANVILLE, Ohio, U.S.A. – You just don’t make the same movie twice, especially since you will know the ending. Starting Friday, Nov. 18thtill this very moment today on Tuesday, Nov. 22nd, the people of Egypt have once again taken to the streets, after much patience had slowly developed into much anger. Many people don’t know about the protests that have taken place almost every other Friday after the January 25 revolution in Egypt as it is rarely televised in the United States. The demonstrations were also considerably non-violent on the side of the police. Recently, however, the military and police have used more violence than ever, at least since the revolution ended, with the excuse of practicing restraint. Hundreds of people were injured on Friday and Saturday … Read entire article »

Egyptian Revolution, Take Two

Egyptian Revolution, Take Two

By Jessica Elsayed Senior Reporter Youth Journalism International GRANVILLE, Ohio, U.S.A. – You just don’t make the same movie twice, especially since you will know the ending. Starting Friday, Nov. 18thtill this very moment today on Tuesday, Nov. 22nd, the people of Egypt have once again taken to the streets, after much patience had slowly developed into much anger. Many people don’t know about the protests that have taken place almost every other Friday after the January 25 revolution in Egypt as it is rarely televised in the United States. The demonstrations were also considerably non-violent on the side of the police. Recently, however, the military and police have used more violence than ever, at least since the revolution ended, with the excuse of practicing restraint. Hundreds of people were injured on Friday and Saturday and more … Read entire article »

Egyptian Revolution, Take Two

Egyptian Revolution, Take Two

Egyptian Revolution, Take Two

Egyptian Revolution, Take Two