» henna

YJI Henna Artists And Face Painters A Hit At The Annual Bristol, Connecticut Mum Festival

youthjournalism.org Thespians of Bristol Theatre Arts’ “Seussical” show off the henna designs they got at the YJI booth at the Mum Festival in Bristol, Connecticut on Saturday. youthjournailsm.org YJI’s top facepainers,Yelena Samofalova, left and Mary Majerus-Collins with a little boy who was very happy with his Spiderman face. youthjournalism.org This girl wanted her face painted to look like a frog. youthjournalism.org With the magic of YJI facepainting, this little girl turned into a lion. youthjournalism.org Gaggan Dhanjal’s henna design youthjournalism.org Volunteer Gaggan Dhanjal loaned YJI her … Read entire article »

Filed under: Bristol, Bristol Rotary Club, Connecticut, Danielle Letourneau, facepainting, henna, Hila Yosafi-Lehman, Mary Majerus-Collins, Mum Festival, USA, Yelena Samofalova

youthjournalism.org Thespians of Bristol Theatre Arts’ “Seussical” show off the henna designs they got at the YJI booth at the Mum Festival in Bristol, Connecticut on Saturday. youthjournailsm.org YJI’s top facepainers,Yelena Samofalova, left and Mary Majerus-Collins with a little boy who was very happy with his Spiderman face. youthjournalism.org This girl wanted her face painted to look like a frog. youthjournalism.org With the magic of YJI facepainting, this little girl turned into a lion. youthjournalism.org Gaggan Dhanjal’s henna design youthjournalism.orgVolunteer Gaggan Dhanjal loaned YJI her … Read entire article »

YJI Wants To See You At The Mum Festival

youthjournalism.org Beautiful yellow mums are one sign of the start of fall in Connecticut Youth Journalism International will have a booth at the Mum Festival in Bristol, Connecticut, on Saturday. We hope anyone nearby will stop by and say hello!At our booth, we will have information about our work with young people worldwide, a map showing where our students are around the globe and news about our ongoing One Direction ‘fun-raiser.’We will be offering temporary henna designs … Read entire article »

Filed under: Bristol, Connecticut, henna, Mum Festival, Youth Journalism International

Artful Henna Designs Add Beauty To Hands

Photos taken by Arooj Khalid of her hands aftershe applied mehndi, or henna, designs. The brownish color is the applied paste and the red design is the result after the paste dries and is scraped away.  By Arooj Khalid Reporter Youth Journalism International LAHORE, Pakistan – Mehndi,also known as henna, is a really cool way to get funky, beautiful hands. Its origins are fromthe subcontinent of South Asia, in the three countries of Pakistan, India andBangladesh. Better known as hennain the … Read entire article »

Filed under: Arooj Khalid, henna, Lahore, mehndi, Pakistan

Photos taken by Arooj Khalid of her hands aftershe applied mehndi, or henna, designs. The brownish color is the applied paste and the red design is the result after the paste dries and is scraped away.  By Arooj Khalid Reporter Youth Journalism International LAHORE, Pakistan – Mehndi, also known as henna, is a really cool way to get funky, beautiful hands. Its origins are from the subcontinent of South Asia, in the three countries of Pakistan, India and Bangladesh. Better known … Read entire article »