» Celeste Kurz

‘Endless Love’ Sends A Terrible Message

‘Endless Love’ Sends A Terrible Message

By Celeste Kurz Reporter Youth Journalism International WEST HARTFORD, Conn., U.S.A. – I’ll admit it. On Valentine’s Day, two friends and I went to see the newly released movie, Endless Love. We told ourselves that we wanted to go in order to laugh at the movie. But let’s be honest, who doesn’t love a little romance? When it comes to romanticism, I am as hopeless as they come. A classic story of forbidden love? It’s enough to make a … Read entire article »

Filed under: Celeste Kurz, Connecticut, movie review, movies, U.S.A., West Hartford

Nobel Peace Prize Winner Archbishop Desmond Tutu Believes In Young People

youthjournalism.org Archbishop Desmond Tutu’s message to youth is to follow their dreams for peace in the world.   By Mary Majerus-Collins Senior Reporter Youth Journalism International HARTFORD, Conn.  – South African Archbishop Desmond Tutu has some simple advice for youth: dream. “I want to say to young people, dream,” Tutu said. “You have to go on saying peace is possible,” he said. “Dream that this world can become better.” Tutu, 81, won the Nobel Peace Prize in 1984 for his unifying role in the … Read entire article »

Filed under: apartheid, Archbishop Desmond Tutu, Celeste Kurz, Erez Bittan, Kiernan Majerus-Collins, Mary Majerus-Collins, Nobel Prize winner, peace, Semester at Sea, South Africa

youthjournalism.org Archbishop Desmond Tutu’s message to youth is to follow their dreams for peace in the world. By Mary Majerus-Collins Senior Reporter Youth Journalism International HARTFORD, Conn.  – South African Archbishop Desmond Tutu has some simple advice for youth: dream. “I want to say to young people, dream,” Tutu said. “You have to go on saying peace is possible,” he said. “Dream that this world can become better.” Tutu, 81, won the Nobel Peace Prize in 1984 for his unifying role in the … Read entire article »

How To Survive Valentine’s Day Single

How To Survive Valentine’s Day Single

By Celeste Kurz Reporter Youth Journalism International WEST HARTFORD, Connecticut, U.S.A. – With Valentine’s Day so close, stores are filled to the brim with chocolates, flowers, and an excess of pink hearts. Whether you are in a relationship, want to be in one, or are enjoying single life, it is impossible to forget that February 14th is just around the corner. As with most other holidays people seem to have many different attitudes toward the day. Some take the expected … Read entire article »

Filed under: Celeste Kurz, Connecticut, single, U.S.A., Valentine's Day, West Hartford, young love

How To Survive Valentine’s Day Single

How To Survive Valentine’s Day Single

ByCeleste Kurz Reporter Youth Journalism International WESTHARTFORD, Connecticut, U.S.A. – With Valentine’s Day so close, stores arefilled to the brim with chocolates, flowers, and an excess of pink hearts. Whetheryou are in a relationship, want to be in one, or are enjoying single life, itis impossible to forget that February 14th is just around thecorner. Aswith most other holidays people seem to have many different attitudes towardthe day. Some take the expected Hallmark approach, and appear to have beenstruck … Read entire article »

How To Survive Valentine’s Day Single

How To Survive Valentine’s Day Single

By Celeste Kurz Reporter Youth Journalism International WEST HARTFORD, Connecticut, U.S.A. – With Valentine’s Day so close, stores are filled to the brim with chocolates, flowers, and an excess of pink hearts. Whether you are in a relationship, want to be in one, or are enjoying single life, it is impossible to forget that February 14th is just around the corner. As with most other holidays people seem to have many different attitudes toward the day. Some take the … Read entire article »

How To Survive Valentine’s Day Single

How To Survive Valentine’s Day Single

How To Survive Valentine’s Day Single

How To Survive Valentine’s Day Single

How To Survive Valentine’s Day Single

How To Survive Valentine’s Day Single

How To Survive Valentine’s Day Single

How To Survive Valentine’s Day Single

A Novel Idea: Students Write A Lot… Fast

By Celeste Kurz Junior Reporter YouthJournalism International WEST HARTFORD, Conn., U.S.A. – The month of November reminds every person of something different. Some think of Thanksgiving while others enjoy the autumn colors or football. Yelena Samofalova/youthjournalism.org But did you know that to over 200,000 writers around the world, including students in West Hartford, November represents NaNoWriMo, or National Novel Writing Month? “I enjoyed it so much last year,” said Jordan Hutensky, a sophomore at Conard High School in West Hartford, “and … Read entire article »

Filed under: Celeste Kurz, National Novel Writing Month, novels, writing

By CelesteKurz JuniorReporter YouthJournalism International WESTHARTFORD, Conn., U.S.A. – The month of November reminds every person ofsomething different. Some think of Thanksgiving while others enjoy the autumncolors or football. Yelena Samofalova/youthjournalism.org But did youknow that to over 200,000 writers around the world, including students in WestHartford, November represents NaNoWriMo, or National Novel Writing Month? “I enjoyedit so much last year,” said Jordan Hutensky, a sophomore at Conard High Schoolin West Hartford, “and even though I didn’t finish I’m sure I will … Read entire article »