» Iowa Caucus

Trump Tells Iowa Crowd He Could ‘Shoot Somebody’ And Not Lose Votes

By Garret Reich Reporter Youth Journalism International   SIOUX CENTER, Iowa, U.S.A. – Bragging about his own popularity with supporters, Republican Donald Trump told an Iowa crowd Saturday, “I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and not lose votes.” That boast from the presidential candidate – met with cheering from the audience –came after a long string of insults Trump hurled against the many Republican primary opponents he is trying to beat at the … Read entire article »

Filed under: Donald Trump, Garrett Reich, Iowa, Iowa Caucus, politics

Bernie Sanders In Iowa: Participants Of Democracy Will Shape The Future

By Garret Reich Junior Reporter Youth Journalism International UNDERWOOD, Iowa, U.S.A. – America’s future will be determined by those who take part in the democratic process, U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders said at a campaign stop Tuesday. Sanders, a senator from Vermont who running for U.S. president, said he is very proud to have young people involved in his campaign. Asked what he would say to the youth of the country who don’t believe they are obligated to get involved … Read entire article »

Filed under: Bernie Sanders, elections, Garrett Reich, Iowa, Iowa Caucus

Iowa Voters Weeded The GOP Field

Iowa Voters Weeded The GOP Field

By Kiernan Majerus-Collins Senior Reporter YouthJournalism International CEDAR FALLS, Iowa, U.S.A. – Thousands of Iowa Republicans gathered Tuesday night to be the first to cast ballots in the 2012 U.S. presidential election. While they didn’t agree much on who should win, participants probably helped weed out the field of contenders a bit by throwing so little support to Texas Gov. Rick Perry and U.S. Rep. Michele Bachmann, both of whom campaigned extensively in Iowa. At the top of the … Read entire article »

Filed under: Cedar Falls, Election 2012, Iowa, Iowa Caucus, Kiernan Majerus-Collins, Republicans

Iowa Voters Weeded The GOP Field

Iowa Voters Weeded The GOP Field

By KiernanMajerus-Collins SeniorReporter YouthJournalism International CEDAR FALLS,Iowa, U.S.A. – Thousands of Iowa Republicans gathered Tuesday night to be thefirst to cast ballots in the 2012 U.S. presidential election. While theydidn’t agree much on who should win, participants probably helped weed out thefield of contenders a bit by throwing so little support to Texas Gov. RickPerry and U.S. Rep. Michele Bachmann, both of whom campaigned extensively inIowa. At the topof the heap were former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney and former … Read entire article »

Iowa Voters Weeded The GOP Field

Iowa Voters Weeded The GOP Field

Iowa Voters Weeded The GOP Field

Iowa Voters Weeded The GOP Field

Iowa Voters Weeded The GOP Field

Iowa Voters Weeded The GOP Field

Iowa Voters Weeded The GOP Field

Iowa Voters Weeded The GOP Field

Iowa Voters Weeded The GOP Field

Iowa Voters Weeded The GOP Field

Iowa Voters Weeded The GOP Field

Iowa Voters Weeded The GOP Field

A Whole Bunch Of Caucuses Under One Roof

Votes cast by Black Hawk County Republicans By Kiernan Majerus-Collins Senior Reporter Youth Journalism International CEDAR FALLS, Iowa, U.S.A. — The largest caucus in Iowa is actually a multitude of caucuses.  Counting ballots The Black Hawk County Caucuses are all being held in the University of Northern Iowa Dome, commonly called the UNI-Dome, and there are dozens of precinct meetings, where local party leaders are elected and ordinary Republicans speak in support of their candidate of choice. Afterward, they cast their ballots. The … Read entire article »

Filed under: Cedar Falls, Election 2012, Iowa, Iowa Caucus, Kiernan Majerus-Collins

Picking A Winner In Black Hawk County

Picking A Winner In Black Hawk County

Kiernan Majerus-Collins/YouthJournalism.orgIowans cast votes at the state’s largest GOP caucus at the UNI-Dome in Cedar Falls, Iowa. … Read entire article »

Filed under: Cedar Falls, Election 2012, Iowa Caucus, Kiernan Majerus-Collins

Picking A Winner In Black Hawk County

Picking A Winner In Black Hawk County