» Tunisia

In Any Language, Paris Needs Peace

In Any Language, Paris Needs Peace

By Ameni Mathlouthi Senior Reporter Youth Journalism International BEJA, Tunisia – Paris, the City of Light, is darkened and mournful. When your heart is already shattered by the killing of a 15-year-old Tunisian shepherd by terrorists there, there isn’t much more to break when you learn about the attack on Paris that same day. This lightning strike one dark evening on the City of Light claimed more than 120 lives. People died near a soccer stadium where a match between … Read entire article »

Filed under: Ameni Mathlouthi, Paris, terrorism, Tunisia

No One Feels Safe In Tunisia After Terror Attack On The National Bardo Museum

By Yasmine Nsiri Junior Reporter Youth Journalism International TUNIS, Tunisia – When I was a little kid, my parents used to watch the news and I thought it was boring. The part that bored me most was when they talked about wars and the victims. They showed all the pictures and I didn’t even bother looking at them. I was just a kid and I knew that all of that was far away from my home, far away from my … Read entire article »

Filed under: museums, Perspective, terrorism, Tunis, Tunisia

Don’t Let Syria Become Another Genocidal War For The Sake Of Democracy

By Ahlem Ben Mohammed Nasraoui Junior Reporter Youth Journalism International TUNIS, Tunisia – Chemical weapons caught the interest of those in the developed world intent on finding an urgent solution for the civil war in Syria. We cannot deny the fact that the war and death germinated in this area was fed by hatred, censorship, violence and abuse of human rights. From my own prospective, in Tunisia, former President Ben Ali was ousted because of his corrupt government and nepotism. The so-called Arab … Read entire article »

Filed under: Ahlem Ben Mohammed Nasraoui, Arab Spring, democracy, Islam, Muslim, Syria, Tunis, Tunisia, United States, War

Farewell, Ameni, But Not Goodbye

Farewell, Ameni, But Not Goodbye

youthjournalism.org Youth Journalism International reporter Ameni Mathlouthi in front of a sculpture at the New Britain Museum of American Art in New Britain, Conn. Ameni Mathlouthi, who is 17 and from Tunis, Tunisia, spent the last year living as an exchange student in Connecticut, attending high school here, where YJI is headquartered. After she arrived in the United States, her host family helped her find YJI, and she’s been an active student ever since.Ameni made a tremendous contribution to YJI in … Read entire article »

Filed under: Althea McDonald, Ameni Mathlouthi, Connecticut, Hila Yosafi-Lehman, Jackie Majerus, Nancy Johnson, New Britain, New Britain Museum of American Art, Steve Collins, Tunisia

Farewell, Ameni, But Not Goodbye

Farewell, Ameni, But Not Goodbye

Farewell, Ameni, But Not Goodbye

Farewell, Ameni, But Not Goodbye

Farewell, Ameni, But Not Goodbye

Farewell, Ameni, But Not Goodbye

Farewell, Ameni, But Not Goodbye

Farewell, Ameni, But Not Goodbye

A Warm Rotary Welcome For YJI Reporter

A Warm Rotary Welcome For YJI Reporter

The Bristol Rotary Club welcomed a guest speaker Tuesday – Ameni Mathlouthi, a Youth Journalism International reporter from Tunis, Tunisia. Ameni, who is 17, is an exchange student attending public high school in Connecticut this year in the Youth Exchange and Study program through the U.S. State Department. She told the Rotarians about participating in her country’s revolution and what life was like under the former dictatorship.      YJI appreciates the club’s hospitality … Read entire article »

Filed under: Ameni Mathlouthi, Bob Dupont, Bristol, Bristol Rotary Club, Connecticut, Dick Inglis, Tunis, Tunisia, U.S. State Department, Whit Betts, Youth Exchange and Study

A Warm Rotary Welcome For YJI Reporter

A Warm Rotary Welcome For YJI Reporter

A Warm Rotary Welcome For YJI Reporter

A Warm Rotary Welcome For YJI Reporter

A Warm Rotary Welcome For YJI Reporter

A Warm Rotary Welcome For YJI Reporter

A Warm Rotary Welcome For YJI Reporter

A Warm Rotary Welcome For YJI Reporter

A Warm Rotary Welcome For YJI Reporter

A Warm Rotary Welcome For YJI Reporter