TARIQ, WALID

An Ambassador for Youth Journalism International

Walid Tariq

The future probably belongs to people who see possibilities before they become obvious. I am a workaholic by nature and feel deeply about learning and growing.

A bachelor’s student at Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto Institute of Science and Technology (SZABIST)Karachi, I have been have been a published writer/ journalist since a few years. I believe that my work experience and study in the field of Social Sciences is providing me with expertise in expressing my views on paper.

Other than youth journalism, I am a social volunteer with special interest in the areas of health, education and the green environment.

I believe that actions speak louder than words; so far I have been associated with Youth Journalism International, Youth Ki Awaaz, SEPLAA foundation, Citizens Eye Karachi and Dawn.com.

Journalism is not only important as a subject but it has an immense impact in the lives of people, as every inhabitant of a society is somehow connected to newspapers and television. Youth Journalism International (YJI) provides a platform to the students around the world to learn, express and demonstrate their talent through mutual interaction.

I joined YJI in 2010 and it has given me an opportunity to explore the unknown and to express my views and ideas in the form of article and report writing on different issues. So far I’ve had a terrific experience learning and growing in the field, meeting and making new friends round the globe.