» Contact

Contact

Click on this link to EMAIL YJI

Phone YJI at:  (860) 523-9632

Write YJI at: 33 Griswold Drive/ West Hartford, CT 06119-1147

44 Responses to "Contact"

1. pragnya says:

hello sir,
    how can i post my articles on yji

1. Steve says:

The short answer is that you can’t.
      YJI only publishes articles by its students. You are welcome to apply to sign up to participate in YJI. It’s free. Just click on the JOIN tab above and fill in the form there. Be aware, though, that we are way behind in accepting new students into the program. We are trying to raise money to speed up the process.

1. Chi says:

Dear Sir,
        From what you said, I can grasp that even if I filled in the form and joined, I still couldn’t publish my articles on the website – only YJI’s students can. But what did you mean by “its students”? How can I be a student of YJI and post my article? I’m dying to know

1. Steve says:

Students submit stories and other material to YJI’s editors, who work with them to edit, and then pieces are published. Typically, at the moment, that happens on YJI’s blog but they can be published in other places. Some are also published on this website.
          Students do not publish anything directly. Only YJI’s editors can do that.

2. Aaditya Sharma says:

Does that means that the one who will pay he can only join?
        I think so…

1. Steve says:

Students do not have to pay anything to join. Participation in YJI is free.

2. Eli says:

When you’ve signed up and been accepted into the program, how can your articles be published?

3. Chi says:

Thank you so much for your help. I now have known a great deal more about YJI. If I submit my form and become a member later, I can send my work to the editors (supposing through this address :yjieditor@gmail.com) and hopefully it will be published, right? Thank you once again.

4. Good initiative for young journalists. Congratulations.

5. Good initiative for young journalists. Congratulations.
    nitin sabrangi. journalist&true crime story writer.

6. chris ezette says:

i will like to share my experiences in my community.
    thank
    chris (africa)

7. rinky koul says:

i want to know how could i be a journalist after pursuing the b.tech in computer science as a want a table job in journalist field….its my passion..and i don’t want to leave my passion as it is….please guide me…

8. Htet Wint says:

Hey I have applied since about a year ago and when will I know if I got accepted or not? 🙂

1. Steve says:

I hope you received our email urging you to write about your hometown or some other thing as a way of leaping into the ranks. But whether or not you did, the reality is that some people have been waiting a long time. We want you, yet we don’t have the staff to process every student onto the rolls or to work with more as intensely and well as we require.
      Those who have been waiting a long while should check our new FAQ section for ideas on what they can do.

1. Htet Wint says:

I have not received the email, I look forward to hear from YJI. Thank you.

9. i have already filled my join in form but at that time i dont know so much YJI but after going all through the detail and your efforts i would love to be a member of YJI. because now it has became my dream and i promise that i ‘ll show to YJI.
    please reply to me as soon as possible because i am desperately waiting for your reply.
    and my question is that how will summit our news to you.
    thank you.

10. RIJA says:

I wanted to know that once we become YJI students and our articles get published on the site do we get some sort of recognition as in certificates or something like that?

1. Steve says:

No. We do issue YJI press passes to students who are active in the organization and have written enough that we have faith in their skills. But publication is recognition enough for beginners.

11. Claudia Sella says:

When you are a student here, what will you be learning and doing?

1. Steve says:

We work with students one on one to write stories and get them published. Read the article from Hartford magazine and you may get a glimmer of how it all comes together.

12. Steve says:

It can take a long time. We are very far behind. It is the main reason that YJI is searching far and wide for the funding we need to bring on full-time staff. Our waiting list is absurdly long and we have no ability to bring on board most of the people who want to join. That’s the sad reality.

13. one year 2 months Before i Applied for this still no response
    !!

14. Aaditya Sharma says:

Any solution for it cause i dont think so that it is an issue to make any of student wait, sir …

15. Aliyyah Rusdinar says:

I have just submitted my application form in hope i’d get my response soon, however after reading the answers of comments and questions from people who are also interested i understand the whole acceptance process needs a long time. I’m wondering whether or not I’m allowed to send another application if my previous application has not yet been confirmed?

1. Steve says:

It would be better to send us an email — joinyji@gmail.com — and tell us a little about yourself and mention that you have already applied.

16. Hannah says:

how do i enter the one direction contest i don’t think i did it right i emailed it in u really want to win so if i did it wrong can someone please tell me… thanksso much

17. I have just submitted my application form in hope i’d get my response soon, however after reading the answers of comments and questions from people who are also interested i understand the whole acceptance process needs a long time. Thanks.
    Jamal Uddin Damal
    Comilla. Bangladesh.

1. Steve says:

Thank you for your interest!

18. Monojit Saha says:

I sent my application form a few months ago didnt get any reply..

1. Steve says:

This is, unfortunately, common. It is not because we don’t want you. It’s because we are getting applications at a rate far beyond our capacity to cope. We hate to disappoint anyone, but the reality is that until we find a way to increase our funding, many students are simply not going to get the chance to participate.
      By the way, we don’t reject anybody. If you don’t hear from us, please don’t take it as a rejection. We simply don’t have the ability to review and respond to all the people who are seeking to join our program.

19. tehreen says:

Hi Steve,

I would like to know about Internship Program, if u provide one?

Thank you

1. Steve says:

At the moment, we do not have an internship program. However, if you have an idea about a specific project you could do to help us, we would be interested in hearing from you.

20. Laila says:

Hi, I just wanted to ask if the age limit on the contest is strictly followed. Can 22 year olds apply?

1. Steve says:

No, 22-year-olds are not eligible. We have to enforce the age limits to be fair to everyone.

21. GD says:

hello sir,
    i have filled up my form for YJI. though wont regret if i miss out to become it student coz of any fund raising issues. i can wait. but there’s a small question. i want to do music journalism and yes there are no funds for my studies. i just want to know in brief how will i get experience on field in this career.

1. Steve says:

In journalism of any sort, there’s no substitute for experience. Study what you can online and then write, write write. And take pictures. And video. And publish it all somewhere — a paper, a blog, even just your own Facebook page. You’ll get better over time. Accept all criticism as constructive and learn from it. Music journalism is a tough field. To succeed, you have to work hard. So do it.

22. Razib Chakrabarty says:

Dear Editor,

Good morning,
    I am a freelance journalist in Bangladesh. I also worked permanently in two magazines.
    I want to write in your esteemed media.How can I do that?

I am waiting your reply.
    Thank you in advance.

1. Steve says:

We appreciate the support of professional journalists but we don’t really have any way for you to write for YJI. It is for students.

23. i wanna join this org tell me how can i join thanks

1. Steve says:

There is a JOIN section under the masthead. Just do what it says.

24. Hullo…..
    I am Lucky from Africa-Uganda.Is there any way a community based organization around the world can inform the world of what it does and how it can keep doing well in its areas of operation through this site>?
    Thank you very much

1. Steve says:

We have very little ability to do stories such as that. We depend on our young reporters to find stories and tell us about them.

25. alaynaNICOLE says:

How do I get accepted into journalism schools and how do I start.

1. Steve says:

You fill in the form to join, think about what you want to do and wait to hear from us. It doesn’t hurt to nudge us kindly as well because we are overwhelmed in every possible sense.