» Entries tagged with "Australia"

Searching for Pokémon Down Under

Searching for Pokémon Down Under

By Jack Ward Junior Reporter Youth Journalism International ARARAT, Victoria, Australia — The world went crazy a few weeks ago when Nintendo paired up with Niantic and released Pokémon Go. The app, installed on millions of mobile phones, involves exploring the globe and catching animated creatures known as wild Pokémon. Nintendo released the game in Australia, New Zealand and the United States on  July 6. It was then Germany’s turn on the 13th of July, followed by the UK the … Read entire article »

Filed under: Australia, Games, Jack Ward

Push For National Women’s Australian Rules Football League Is Gaining Ground

Alyce Collett / youthjournalism.org The Demons and the Western Bulldogs faced off at the Melbourne Cricket Ground in the Women’s Australian Football League match this week. By Alyce Collett Junior Reporter Youth Journalism International MELBOURNE, Australia – This week marked an important first step toward national Australian Rules football competition for women, with the first of two matches this year between teams made up of the best 50 female players in the country. The rules and regulations of these matches are … Read entire article »

Filed under: Alyce Collett, Australia, sports, Women', Women's sports