» Entries tagged with "Bristol"

Don’t choose “macho contest” now

Don’t choose “macho contest” now

By Melissa Luna Youth Journalism International BRISTOL, Connecticut — (September 11, 2001) I found out about the bombing at school and I was shocked and scared beyond belief. Today is the anniversary of my grandfather’s death, and the events that happened today did not help at all. I pray that everyone who lost a loved one is consoled and I also pray that our leaders make the right decisions! I hope that our president thinks of the people who would … Read entire article »

Filed under: 9-11, Bristol, Connecticut, Melissa Luna

Chemistry, poetry and World War III?

Chemistry, poetry and World War III?

By Mike Nguyen Youth Journalism International BRISTOL, Connecticut — (September 11, 2001) Well, as if my day could get any longer or eventful, this happens. But what did happen? The worst place to hear about a terrorist strike and New York City in shambles is the rumor mill at your local high school. But actually, we actually got it right instead of “UFO’s abducted New York!!” Well, at least it was lunch and I could enjoy some Mozzarella sticks, … Read entire article »

Filed under: 9-11, Bristol, Connecticut, Mike Nguyen, terrorism

Thousands of reasons to pay attention

Thousands of reasons to pay attention

By Katie Jordan Youth Journalism International BRISTOL, Connecticut — (September 11, 2001) I first heard about it at lunch. A friend of mine came up to me as I was about to sit at one of the tables. She asked if I’d heard what happened, and I said I hadn’t. She proceeded to tell me that airplanes had crashed into the World Trade Center, and another one had hit the Pentagon. I guess I didn’t really comprehend what had … Read entire article »

Filed under: 9-11, Bristol, Katie Jordan, terrorism