» Entries tagged with "elections"

Brexit is personal to Polish student in UK

Parliament. Photo by Yelena Samofalova/youthjournalism.org By Joanna Koter Junior Reporter Youth Journalism International   WHITBY, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom – I woke up on Friday, June 24 to take my math exam and headed for the bathroom to brush my teeth. I saw my friend, who is Polish too, and lives in the same boarding house. She says to me, “Do you want to hear the news?” I see her face and I instantly know the results of the voting that … Read entire article »

Filed under: England, European Union, Immigration, Joanna Koter, Poland, United Kingdom, voting

Can Republicans Stop Donald Trump?

Can Republicans Stop Donald Trump?

By Max Turgeon Reporter Youth Journalism International NEWINGTON, Connecticut, U.S.A. – The Republican Party is undergoing a renewal. The rise of the “outsider” candidate has taken the GOP establishment by surprise. The leading Republican candidate for president, businessman Donald Trump, has seen his high poll numbers translate into votes and delegates that propel him toward the party’s nomination. But the establishment of the party is banding together to defeat Trump. I would be hesitant to call what is happening in the party … Read entire article »

Filed under: Donald Trump, Max Turgeon, Republicans

Nigeria’s New President Promises To Tackle Boko Haram, National Economy And More

By Linus Okechukwu Senior Reporter Youth Journalism International NSUKKA, Enugu, Nigeria – Insecurity, endemic corruption, fuel and power shortages will be tackled head on, Nigeria’s new leader, President Muhammadu Buhari told a cheering crowd at his inauguration ceremony Friday in Eagles Square nestled in the capital city of Abuja. “Nigerians will not regret that they have entrusted national responsibility to us,” he said with a tone full of optimism. “We must not succumb to hopelessness and defeatism. We can fix … Read entire article »

Filed under: Boko Haram, Linus Okechukwu, Nigeria, terrorism