» Entries tagged with "Kaishi Lee"

Grief and horror

Grief and horror

Kaishi Lee Youth Journalism International SINGAPORE — September 11, 2001. “Oh my God.” A day to remember. America’s fall from grace has stirred up much antipathy and the terrorist attack has touched a universal nerve. Before rooting out the real reasons and giving the finger to culprits, stop reeling, be calm and tell yourself that reality is more complicated. The U.S. motto “In God We Trust” is placed on all its currency. We can’t turn back time. We can only grieve and cherish the memories … Read entire article »

Filed under: 9-11, Kaishi Lee, Singapore, terrorism

America will rise to the challenge

America will rise to the challenge

By Kaishi Lee Youth Journalism International SINGAPORE — (September 11, 2001) Let’s face it. America’s in a frenzy after another terrorist attack. Now, why, of all countries, did terrorists choose America? Is it America being a world superpower? Jealousy or Uncle Sam poking his sharp nose into every corner? America is like a giant filtration machine. American brand names like Coca-Cola, Levi’s and McDonald’s can be found from Libya to London. However, the world generally has mixed reactions towards America. America is … Read entire article »

Filed under: 9-11, Kaishi Lee, Singapore, terrorism, youthjournalism.org