» Entries tagged with "Pakistan"

Terrorists Poisoned Lahore’s Melting Pot

By Arooj Khalid Senior Reporter Youth Journalism International LAHORE, Pakistan – Toddlers and children playing around the swings, people celebrating the joyous arrival of spring. It was Easter, a holiday widely celebrated in my city. This seems like the description of a nice evening at the park.  Would that it remained so. A suicide bomber attacked a local park in Lahore around 7 p.m. on Easter Sunday.  More than 60 people lost their lives and more than 300 families are … Read entire article »

Filed under: Arooj Khalid, Lahore, Pakistan, terrorism

A Terrorist Struck My Neighborhood Park

A Terrorist Struck My Neighborhood Park

By Amber Shakil Reporter Youth Journalism International LAHORE, Pakistan – Near where I live is Gulshan-e-Iqbal Park, a beautiful place with birds, lakes and swings for children. It’s a popular public place for picnics, trips and family outings. I’ve been there several times.  People who live in other cities come to see it when they visit Lahore. Today, though, the park is filled with death and pain. A suicide bomber attacked the park, killing more than 60 people. Now ambulances are carrying … Read entire article »

Filed under: Amber Shakil, Featured, Lahore, Pakistan, terrorism

Easter Bombing Claims Many Victims In Pakistan

Map showing location of Lahore, Pakistan.   By Irha Nadeem Reporter Youth Journalism International LAHORE, Pakistan – More than 60 have lost their lives and more than 300 more were hurt in an Easter Sunday terror blast in Gulshan-e-Iqbal Park, according to news reports here. While the Christian community was celebrating Easter in Pakistan on what seemed to be a normal weekend, the country was going through unrest.  On Sunday, there were protests in Islamabad, the capital city, resulting in a … Read entire article »

Filed under: Irha Nadeem, Lahore, Pakistan, terrorism, YJI Students

Pakistan Must Protect Students From Terror

By Amber Shakil Junior Reporter Youth Journalism International LAHORE, Pakistan – As I walked through the corridor of my university department today, a friend told me the shocking news that terrorists had attacked another university in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. I didn’t believe her. I called my mother, who was already listening to the news and she confirmed it. This time it was Bacha Khan University in Charsadda, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, in the northwestern part of Pakistan, not very far from the border … Read entire article »

Filed under: Amber Shakil, education, Pakistan, terrorism