» Entries tagged with "Perspective"

Brexit is personal to Polish student in UK

Parliament. Photo by Yelena Samofalova/youthjournalism.org By Joanna Koter Junior Reporter Youth Journalism International   WHITBY, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom – I woke up on Friday, June 24 to take my math exam and headed for the bathroom to brush my teeth. I saw my friend, who is Polish too, and lives in the same boarding house. She says to me, “Do you want to hear the news?” I see her face and I instantly know the results of the voting that … Read entire article »

Filed under: England, European Union, Immigration, Joanna Koter, Poland, United Kingdom, voting

Grieving For Paris, Fearing An Aftermath

By Lama Tawakkol Senior Reporter Youth Journalism International CAIRO, Egypt – I am in bed, listening to music and getting ready to get some sleep when I come across the news. Paris is “under attack.” It doesn’t register, and the more I search for news, the more it didn’t make any sense. Everyone seems as confused as I am. There are terrorist attacks on Paris that vary between bombings, explosions and straight out shootings, depending on the report. … Read entire article »

Filed under: Egypt, Lama Tawakkol, Paris, terrorism