» Entries tagged with "United Kingdom"

Brexit is personal to Polish student in UK

Parliament. Photo by Yelena Samofalova/youthjournalism.org By Joanna Koter Junior Reporter Youth Journalism International   WHITBY, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom – I woke up on Friday, June 24 to take my math exam and headed for the bathroom to brush my teeth. I saw my friend, who is Polish too, and lives in the same boarding house. She says to me, “Do you want to hear the news?” I see her face and I instantly know the results of the voting that … Read entire article »

Filed under: England, European Union, Immigration, Joanna Koter, Poland, United Kingdom, voting

Charleston Massacre: Racist Hate Won’t End Until People Stop Labeling

By Jeevan Ravindran Junior Reporter Youth Journalism International LONDON, United Kingdom – The world is reeling after a white gunman opened fire in a black church on Wednesday night, killing nine innocent people at a Bible study. We all have one question on our minds – what is the world coming to? In 2015, the year when a transgender woman can appear on the cover of Vanity Fair and receive almost unanimous global support, you’d think people would have … Read entire article »

Filed under: Charleston, crime, Jeevan Ravindran, racism, terrorism