» Entries tagged with "YJI contest"

Teen journalists and teachers, it’s time to enter your work in YJI’s 2017 contest

WEST HARTFORD, Conn., U.S.A.  –  January 23, 2017 – Connecticut-based non-profit organization Youth Journalism International is hosting its eighth annual Excellence in Journalism contest, the largest in the world for English language work published by amateur journalists aged 19 or younger. The event aims to further YJI’s mission of promoting a free youth press, fostering cross-cultural understanding and showcasing the voices of the next generation. In the contest, original content published in 2016 will be … Read entire article »

Filed under: YJI contest

Youth Journalism Contest Winners Announced

The results of Youth Journalism International’s 2013 Excellence in Journalism contest are, at last, complete. You can see a complete list of all the winners by clicking on this link. We were wowed by the work that so many student journalists are doing all over the world. It was hard to pick the best, but the more than 20 judges involved did their best. Thanks to everyone who entered. We’re so glad that many talented young people … Read entire article »

Filed under: youthjournalism.org