Uncategorized

It’s time to enter the 2017 YJI Journalism Contest

2016 YJI Journalism Contest TrophiesNow in its eighth year, Youth Journalism International’s annual contest for student reporters, editors, photographers and others involved in journalism offers a great chance to win recognition for stellar work done during the 2016 calendar year.

The top winners come away with amazing crystal trophies and every winner receives a custom-made certificate. You can easily look through the list of winners from earlier years to get an idea of the scope of categories and what kinds of things tend to win.

Eligible work must have been done in 2016. There are many categories for students, who have to have been 19 or younger when their work was published. There is also an award for the best journalism educator, something students with an awesome teacher should consider.

Entries are judged by media professionals and experts in related fields. You can look through the list of judges under the Contest tab above, where you will also find all the previous winners listed and the rules for this year’s contest.

One thing you should know is that we now require all entries to be posted online with a shareable link so that we can simply forward the necessary links to our judges. It speeds up the judging and helps make sure nothing is overlooked.

If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to ask. And if you find something confusing or wrong in the rules, form or website, let us know immediately. We want to make sure everyone gets the right information.

Be aware that the deadline for entering is Friday, Feb. 3 at 11:30 p.m. Eastern Standard Time. It’s best not to wait until the last minute, though, as more than one school over the years lost out because of a snowstorm that wiped out that day of classes. Do let us know, though, of any hardships.

Here is a direct link to the rules for the 2017 contest.