2018 Youth Journalism International Contest

• Please fill out the form completely and accurately to help ensure your entries are included in the 2018 Youth Journalism International journalism contest. Fees can be paid electronically through the donation link on the website or by check to Youth Journalism International/ 30 Taylor St. / Auburn, ME 04210 [Please note that is a new address]. No entries will be considered until payment is made, unless YJI has agreed to waive the charge.

ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY FEB. 3, 2018 at 11:30 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.

ALL ENTRIES MUST BE MADE AVAILABLE ONLINE. You will need to post links to them in the form below. If you need some tips on how to do this, see the advice in our rules.

Full details of the contest rules are available here: https://youthjournalism.org/contest/

• Contact Information

• What email address should we use to communicate with you?
  • Please enter the last name of the person covered by this entry. If there are more than one, just put one of them here. There will be another slot for more names.
  • Please enter the first name of the person covered by this entry.
  • If we have questions about this entry, what phone number should we call?
  • Please list the name of the school the entrant attends. List homeschool if that is applicable.
  • Please provide a full mailing address. (If you don't have a school, put your home address here instead of below.)
  • It is OK if you don't have one.
  • Entry Information

• X Highest Honors Categories

Student Journalist of the Year

To honor the student journalist who shows exceptional work in one of more areas of journalism - news, feature, and opinion writing, photography and art. Entry fee $25.

Journalism Educator of the Year

To honor a teacher who inspires students and brings out the very best in them. Entry fee $25.

Courage in Journalism Award

To honor an individual youth journalism, journalism educator or a student newspaper that showed particular courage in pursuing a story despite danger, official roadblocks or other unusual obstacles. Entry fee $20.

Jacinta Marie Bunnell Award for Commentary

To honor an individual who gave voice to an important issue in a single opinion piece or a series of opinion pieces devoted to the same topic. Entry fee $20.

Frank Keegan "Take No Prisoners" Award for News

To honor an individual who shows tenacity in tackling one or more serious news stories. Entry fee $20.

In addition to these, there are more than two dozen other categories for individuals or teams.

• List names as First Last, First Last, etc. You can skip this if there is only one name on the entry.
  • It is OK if it was published as a social media post, blog post or some other form.
  • Only entries published in 2017 will be considered.
  • Just paste the link into this form in its entirety. Be sure the link works!!
  • Just click on the cost for this entry alone.
  • Ready to enter? Make sure you know how much you owe for your entry and then click on the "Good luck!" button below to finish.