Movies The Tattoo

Mystery, thrills and Mona Lisa

Elmira, NEW YORK, U.S.A. — The Da Vinci Code begins with a murder.
Robert Langdon, played by Tom Hanks, is a Harvard symbology professor who is visiting Paris for a few days to lecture.

His trip takes a whole different turn when he is ordered to report to the Louvre to help the murder investigation. Little does he know that the officials believe Langdon is the murderer of Jacques Saunière, a museum director.

When Langdon meets Sophie Neveu (Audrey Tautou), a cryptologist and Saunière’s granddaughter, the two escape the Louvre after decoding the message the dying Saunière left behind.

The intelligent pair race their way through Paris in hopes of solving the code and escaping the French police.

Before their journey ends, Langdon and Neveu go to Lee Teabing’s château. Teabing is an English colleague of Langdon and a Holy Grail fanatic; he helps they by informing Sophie of information on the grail and then flying with them on his private jet to England, where the search continues.

The ending is a twist that you’d never suspect — unless, of course, you’ve read the book.

Without a doubt, this movie is an astonishing mix of mystery, thriller and action. It also makes you think: what are your beliefs?

The Da Vinci Code movie stresses that only you can decide what you believe in. It’s a movie that everyone should see, even if they haven’t read the book.

Ruthie Harper is a Reporter for Youth Journalism International.