Movies Reviews The Tattoo

Yeah, baby! It’s pure gold

BRISTOL, Connecticut, U.S.A. — In the first movie, “shagedelic” spy Austin Powers is thawed out in the 90’s, falls in love and, of course, saves the world.
Then a second movie came out, even better than the first, with its fembots, Mini-Me and more.
Now, actor Mike Myers is back in a third movie, Austin Powers in Goldmember, and it’s the best yet.
If you are into movies with swinging, sexy beasts, mad, evil doctors with a miniature clone who wants take over the world, and hilarious names that make you crack up, then Austin Powers is the one to see.
Not only does it bring back Myers, Verne Troyer and all the others but it also features celebrities such as Tom Cruise, Danny DeVito, Britney Spears, Ozzy Osbourne and “The Wonder Years” Fred Savage.
In the film, which opened this weekend, we meet a whole bunch of new characters: the Japanese twins Fook Mi and Fook Yu, Foxy Cleopatra (Beyoncé Knowles) and Goldmember.
The story includes a trip to the World Court, scenes with Powers and Dr. Evil as babies and teenagers and a surprise twist in which a member of Dr. Evil’s clan changes and another is kicked out.
The ending may even surprise you – though rest assured the world is saved again.

Danielle Letourneau is a Reporter for Youth Journalism International.