» GOUNDER, Nicole Megan

GOUNDER, Nicole Megan

An Ambassador for Youth Journalism International

Nicole Megan Gounder

I’m Nicole Megan Gounder, born in Durban, South Africa in 1991.
I am a self-motivated, extroverted person who is always trying to reach new limits. I enjoy being in a colorfully diverse group of people who interest and inspire me. I believe that in most situations my enthusiasm is contagious to others. I’m a media student, currently attending the University of KwaZulu Natal. My most memorable achievement thus far has been winning first place  in Youth Journalism International’s second Excellence in Journalism Contest : High Honors,News;Team Reporting – 2011, Second place in features;Reporting  and second place in photography;Sports .
My hobbies include scrap booking, spending tons of time watching hilarious YouTube videos, and of course, learning new things about various cultures worldwide!
I’m a softie when it comes to kids, and recently participated in a programme that helped out underprivileged children in Umlazi, South Africa. It was a humbling experience!
I joined Youth Journalism International in 2009 . YJI has definitely made me more confident about my work and has given me that extra boost of motivation. I honestly believe that, and the end of it all, all my successes thus far, relates back to being apart of this incredible organization. I have made amazing friends worldwide, and gained a vast amount of knowledge.

4 Responses to "GOUNDER, Nicole Megan"

1. Sedika Rampersadh says:

That’s it girl! I’m so excited for u. Being on the net and all. Make it big girl. Make the most of life. Love ya!

2. Megan Chappelow says:

Your personality sounds just like me, and you have done things that i wish i could acheive. I have just joined the site and already its inspired me to try harder, and go further 🙂

1. Nicole says:

Thank you,Megan! I love your enthusiasm!!

3. Ofentse Maboe says:

Nichole, after such outstanding achievements in 2011, are you still writing.where can i find your work?