Travel

Taking Off For Toronto Tour 2014

Mugdha Gurram, Mary Majerus-Collins and Yelena Samofalova set out today on Toronto Tour 2014, leaving Connecticut and heading north and west into New York. (YJI)
WEST STOCKBRIDGE, Massachusetts, U.S.A. – It’s raining and we’re rubbing our eyes after waking up before the crack of dawn. Everyone’s crammed into a minivan
loaded with our luggage, snacks and two big collies.
Amongst the three of us, we found out, we speak six languages: English, Spanish, Russian, French, Latin and Telugu.
We, however, only anticipate using our amazing English skills while on this particular trip.
We know all the places we’re going and we’re super excited. Later today we’ll be chilling in the National Women’s Hall of Fame and seeing the place where early American suffragists presented the Declaration of Sentiments, but for now we’re just sitting in the car talking and seeing all
the cool landmarks on the way, like the Basketball Hall of Fame in Springfield, Massachusetts.
We’re hoping that the weather will clear up soon and as we enter the Berkshire hills it looks like it’s going to.
Yelena Samofalova, Mugdha Gurram and Mary Majerus-Collins are Reporters for Youth Journalism International.

Press passes for all the YJI students who will take part in Toronto Tour 2014 (YJI)