» Entries tagged with "education"

Brexit is personal to Polish student in UK

Parliament. Photo by Yelena Samofalova/youthjournalism.org By Joanna Koter Junior Reporter Youth Journalism International   WHITBY, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom – I woke up on Friday, June 24 to take my math exam and headed for the bathroom to brush my teeth. I saw my friend, who is Polish too, and lives in the same boarding house. She says to me, “Do you want to hear the news?” I see her face and I instantly know the results of the voting that … Read entire article »

Filed under: England, European Union, Immigration, Joanna Koter, Poland, United Kingdom, voting

Two years later, Nigerian girls still missing

By Gideon Arinze Chijioke Junior Reporter Youth Journalism International NSUKKA, Enugu State, Nigeria – It is two years today and the abducted Nigerian schoolgirls still remain missing. The kidnapping of more than 250 girls from a secondary school in Chibok triggered international outrage.  The hashtag #bringbackourgirls started a campaign for their safe return and according to The Guardian newspaper, it was tweeted over a million times. High profiles figures such as U.S. First Lady Michelle Obama, Pakistani education advocate Malala … Read entire article »

Filed under: Boko Haram, Gideon Arinze Chijioke, Nigeria, terrorism

Pakistan Must Protect Students From Terror

By Amber Shakil Junior Reporter Youth Journalism International LAHORE, Pakistan – As I walked through the corridor of my university department today, a friend told me the shocking news that terrorists had attacked another university in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. I didn’t believe her. I called my mother, who was already listening to the news and she confirmed it. This time it was Bacha Khan University in Charsadda, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, in the northwestern part of Pakistan, not very far from the border … Read entire article »

Filed under: Amber Shakil, education, Pakistan, terrorism