Notices

A Critical Call For Support: HelpYJI.org

Arooj Khalid is a 16-year-old girl in Lahore, Pakistan. She surprised her editors at YJI with this graphic as her way of helping with the challenge. YJI students are hardworking, smart and committed. They need and deserve your support.

You can make a gigantic difference to Youth Journalism International right now!  This worldwide educational charity, based in Connecticut, is facing a challenge in July to become one of the nonprofits featured on Microsoft’s online Give For Youth initiative.
Gaining a spot on Microsoft’s powerful online platform will be a huge boost to the young writers, photographers and artists you already know and support through Youth Journalism International.
To make the cut with Microsoft, YJI has to raise at least $5,000 from the combined contributions of 40 or more people, during the month of July. Donations, which are tax deductible in the U.S., must be a minimum of $10.
Is is now nine days into the challenge. With online donations (and some checks that are not yet counted) the organization has raised about a fifth of the needed money and has about half the required donors. Your help is needed to close the gap!

Here’s how to help:

1.       You can donate $10 or more at www.HelpYJI.org. Your generosity is crucial. Please help if you possibly can. Thank you!
2.       Please tell your friends about YJI and urge them to help. A few kind words on your Facebook and a link to www.HelpYJI.org will go a long way. YJI has never charged any student to participate and relies on your donations to serve youth on six continents.
3.       Think about the people you know who are well-connected online and try to get them interested. The more people who click on www.HelpYJI.org, the easier this fundraising challenge will be.
4.       You can offer your ideas to YJI about how it might raise the money needed or anything else. We’re always eager to hear from anyone who cares. You can write to YJI at YJIeditor@gmail.com.
5.       You can use social media to promote www.HelpYJI.org for the entire month. Some people will see it on your Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram or other page tomorrow who didn’t see it today. Post something once in a while throughout July to make an even bigger difference!

Thank you!

Note: The best way to donate to YJI is to click on the Donate button at the top of this page!