Notices The Tattoo

Tattoo looking for new talent

Joe Keo/YJI

BRISTOL, Connecticut, U.S.A. — Have you ever wanted to meet exciting figures like Nancy Johnson, Frank Nicastro, Ann Clark and Boomer the Clown?

Would you like to let the whole city know that your algebra teacher has the mental capacity of a piece of chalk?

Did you ever wish you could fly over Bristol in a hot air balloon, come close enough to Bill Clinton to have an affair with the president, or win a standing ovation from a room full of respectable journalists?

If you have found yourself having such interesting daydreams, then The Tattoo is for you!

The Tattoo is a group of teenagers from each of the city’s three high schools, and points beyond, who have a passion for writing or an interest in journalism. The students meet at 6 p.m. every Wednesday to share ideas or work on stories with the help of group leaders, and veteran Bristol Press reporters Jackie Majerus and Steve Collins

To join us, all you have to do is be a teenager who hasn’t yet graduated who is willing to put in a little time and effort — and a readiness to turn your daydreams into a reality.

So forget the silly name, and join us.

For information about the group, e-mail The Tattoo at Majerus-Collins@bigfoot.com or call Majerus or Collins at 523-9632. [Editor’s note: Neither this email address nor the phone number is correct any longer.}

Check out The Tattoo’s web page at: www.ReadTheTattoo.com

Amanda Lehmert and Courtney Pendleton are Reporters for Youth Journalism International.